NJFish85

Longest distance right out of the box

34 posts in this topic

23 hours ago, NJFish85 said:

What is your longest casting real, right out of the box (no mods!) For me it was the abu blue yonder (current version).

What blue yonder.   6500 or 7000.   I have the 7000.   Just curious what you spoiled it with?   

6500 ct chrome rocket. Best distance reel I ever owned but I sold it after only a couple months. I simply could not get use to using a right handed reel so I went back to using heavily upgraded 6501c3's and Avets. 

47 mins ago, dlaurend said:

What blue yonder.   6500 or 7000.   I have the 7000.   Just curious what you spoiled it with?   

I had the 6500. I used 40lb braid. I sold it because I lost patience with thumbing the line on the reel. I went back to a level-wind. I had another post where I mentioned id always get the line caught up in itself on the reel when I casted causing me to lose lures when the line came to a dead stop during my cast. im looking to buy the blue yonder again very soon.

6500 ct chrome rocket. Best distance reel I ever owned but I sold it after only a couple months. I simply could not get use to using a right handed reel so I went back to using heavily upgraded 6501c3's and Avets. 

18 mins ago, Cfinnely68 said:

you have any avets your looking to sell?

Posted (edited)

Daiwa Millionaire 7HT Mag - bought it over the Mag ST (super Tuned) because I do not like the small handle on the ST.  Notably, I put a power handle on all of my ABU 6500/6501 reels, even those strictly for field competition.  Sure would be nice if Sportcast USA would return to NJ.  I found them a candidate field approx. 5 miles from the one they used to use, and they told me for 2 years they would check it out, but I never heard back and just gave up.  Kind of goofy that they have "NE" competitions at Anaconda Park in DC area, with all tourneys having essentially the same casters and/or winners.  Why not just be honest and rename the organization Sportcast SE USA?

Edited by FlatWing

I have an Akios 666 scm w. It is a very smooth casting reel. Have low mounted on a 13' custom built rod. Very pleased with its performance.