peep sights

Rate this topic

leakin waders

seeking information on peep sights, that may be installed on rifle's without any modification. Similar to the mounting on this one, see pics

Looking specifically for use on Ruger, Henry frontier model. are such things available? if so who makes them and has any one here used them. I use one on a  muzzle loader ( percussion, side lock ) and found it easier than open ( iron ) sights. Not a fan of scopes, have one, do not especially like it.

Mike

DSCF9734.JPG

DSCF9736.JPG

Edited by leakin waders

Use the disc with the small aperture for sighting in but take it out when hunting.  Makes it much easier to acquire the front sight and your eye will automatically center it in the rear sight.  Use a Lyman 66 on my old Winchester 94 for years.

19 hours ago, Spigola said:

Use the disc with the small aperture for sighting in but take it out when hunting.  Makes it much easier to acquire the front sight and your eye will automatically center it in the rear sight.  Use a Lyman 66 on my old Winchester 94 for years.

Good advice.  Any hunting gun that doesnt have a scope has "peeps".     The practical difference between a large and a tiny peep in the field is astonishingly small.  

Love aperture sites.  

Lyman or Williams .....helps if you change the front sight to a white bead....especially when hunting black bear....works great.

"Law enforcement’ is not something sovereign citizens seize from police officers. It is a societal function that citizens delegate to civil police.

In so doing, we do not abdicate our own sovereignty, nor our duties as citizens. Ultimate responsibility is still ours. When those we hire as our “Protectors” are either unwilling or unable to perform that function at the critical moment, there is no law, nor standard, that says we cannot perform it for ourselves"........ John Farnam.

"Gird Your Loins"