Vise talk

Rate this topic

Maritime63

Hi guys. I'm looking to getting a rotary vise. I've been looking at the atlas anvil which goes for 150. Also on the other end of the spectrum I'm looking at the regal revo. 450. I feel kinda crazy that I want to spend 450 on that vise. 

What i tie. 

Bucktails up to 8 ounces. With mustad black Nickel hooks to 8/0. They are thinner then a normal 8/0 in my opinion. 

Just looking for some feed back. I'm not really knew at tieing just new to a vise. I've. Been using a bench vise and would like to spring on something that can spin. 

On 11/9/2017 at 8:26 AM, Maritime63 said:

I feel like the regal one is beefer and can handle the big bucktails. Anyone agree ?

you mentioned large BT 8/0 big game jaws is proberly what you looking for  , I don't know what the other vise mentioned here capabilities I don't have 8/0 hooks to compare , take a look @ the specks of the jaws  

If it has fins i want to catch it 

I have owned all mentioned here. Now have been tying on a C&F design (recommended by Jonny King) for the last 6 years or so. There is nothing that compares to it. I can’t imaging ever using anything else again. Part of me wants to buy a second one just in case they were to stop mak8ng them for some reason 

"It isn't that Liberals are ignorant. It's just that they know so much that isn't so." Ronald Reagan