ksong

9'6" and 10'2" economic version of Black Hole Suzuki rods/ blanks arrived !!

195 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, ksong said:

The 10'2" rod weighs 7.9 oz.

That’s a good price for a nice rod. I will pick one up this winter. I need a lighter rod for throwing small plugs and jigs. Can I buy directly from your company when I want one? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 mins ago, Big Will said:

That’s a good price for a nice rod. I will pick one up this winter. I need a lighter rod for throwing small plugs and jigs. Can I buy directly from your company when I want one? 

yeah you can

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Couple of questions about the 10 footer (1/2 oz to 2oz) model.

1) Being so light action, would you consider it more moderate than fast?

2) Does it have the power to cast 1.5 oz (approx 40 gm) with a strong, smooth cast ?

 

This rod appears to fill a major void in the surf rod market if it performs as specified .... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Fishy4335 said:

Why is the bottom guide on the bottom half of the rod? Can you lay out all of the guides on the top half?

I always liked rods laid out like that.  Better for transport if you gotta break em down.  Clip to the frame take a part and reel up slack.

and it keeps the guide on the tip section off the floor when fully dismantled and separate.

 

As long as the guid spacing is good.  I like it that way

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The rods are delivered to Fishermens World in Norwalk, CT. They think they sell a lot for winter schoolies bass there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, ksong said:

We don't have any RI dealer yet.

I am going up to Cape Cod today for bluefin in Cape Cod.

I can meet you to show the rods on the way up if you like to see the rods.

Thank you, but I ll wait for the RISF show. Will they be for sale at the show?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

I arrived at Red Top at 5:25 pm, but the shop is closed at 5 pm.

Edited by ksong

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ksong-- How are the "economic" rods different from the standard Black Hole line? Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, smellfish said:

Couple of questions about the 10 footer (1/2 oz to 2oz) model.

1) Being so light action, would you consider it more moderate than fast?

2) Does it have the power to cast 1.5 oz (approx 40 gm) with a strong, smooth cast ?

 

This rod appears to fill a major void in the surf rod market if it performs as specified .... 

See the action of 10'2" rod

 

 

Yes. you can cast upto 2 oz.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 mins ago, unclebunker said:

Ksong-- How are the "economic" rods different from the standard Black Hole line? Thanks.

material used is different and regular Black  Hole rods are made in Korea.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Big Will said:

That’s a good price for a nice rod. I will pick one up this winter. I need a lighter rod for throwing small plugs and jigs. Can I buy directly from your company when I want one? 

yes, jignpop

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, cec127 said:

anyone in NJ going to stock these?

tackledirect and jignpop in NJ

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the info Kilsong ... Does the "Regular" Black Hole (Korea) have the same action and specs as the 10 foot economic version?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 min ago, smellfish said:

Thanks for the info Kilsong ... Does the "Regular" Black Hole (Korea) have the same action and specs as the 10 foot economic version?

No. the 10'2" rod is unique to cast 1/2 oz - 2 oz. You will be surprised how light the rod is. The rod is not designed for big fish,but scholie striper, snook, alie, fluke, ect.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to register here in order to participate.

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.