Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fishweewee

Sad moment at River's End B&T

17 posts in this topic

came across a sad scene yesterday.  some people were huddled around a black lab gently petting and stroking him...to say goodbye.  in a few hours he was going to take his last trip to the vet to be put to sleep.  his owner (the shop owner?) did all he could to hold back tears.

i step in there a few times a year and don't know them...but my heart was with them. life is short, and it's shorter for our furry friends.

Nothing wrong with crying over a pal.   I cried harder than I ever have when I put "Jack the Wonder-Dog" (guy in my avatar) down.   Never even cried that hard for a fallen comrade.  

He was the wife's solace through us getting married, the brith of the kids, and years of war.   I lost a piece of me when he went.   He earned those tears and I un-ashamedly let them flow.  

We had Zack for almost 19 years ...one of the hardest things I had to do in my life was to bring him in to put him down. We all cried for days until we got him back from being cremated . He's in a box in my livingroom . Miss that dog 

Yeah, I went fishing Sat out of Saybrook and stopped by Rivers End at about 5 on the way home to pay my condolences to Q.

He was closing the shop and his wife was there, and the vet was on the way.

It's one of the hardest things you'll ever have to do, but it's the price you pay for the companionship of a dog.

That dog was a sweetheart - RIP.

10 hours ago, Billybob said:

Yeah, I went fishing Sat out of Saybrook and stopped by Rivers End at about 5 on the way home to pay my condolences to Q.

He was closing the shop and his wife was there, and the vet was on the way.

It's one of the hardest things you'll ever have to do, but it's the price you pay for the companionship of a dog.

That dog was a sweetheart - RIP.

Yup. Remember him when he was a puppy. Seems like yesterday 

I am so sad for "Q". remember we he brought "Scout" to the shop as a pup.  They spent many hours on the water and in the field.  Unfortunately dogs don't live as long as we  and we have to see them go to often.  I'm in  FL,so I will call next week. RIP Scout.

me too-  Scout was the first dog my kids ever met.....   I knew he was failing but didn't hear he died till the other day when I stopped in the shop

Q told me they had a whole week-long celebration of his life leading up to his last day on earth.....  great way to send off a great dog

On ‎10‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 9:25 AM, JimP said:

Nothing wrong with crying over a pal.   I cried harder than I ever have when I put "Jack the Wonder-Dog" (guy in my avatar) down.   Never even cried that hard for a fallen comrade.  

He was the wife's solace through us getting married, the brith of the kids, and years of war.   I lost a piece of me when he went.   He earned those tears and I un-ashamedly let them flow.  

Wonder Dog is what I call my yellow lab at times. His name is Max and my Son's name is Jack.

Max just turned 7. I dread the day he goes. He is such a huge part of our family. Just an incredible dog.

Great post JimP

I lost my brittany,  Belle 4 years ago. She was the best companion I ever had. First time I took her in my kayak I said get in the back. She stayed there all day.  I have never been closer to any creature on earth.  

Always sad when a dear friend passes.  It's coming up on one year for Marvin, The Wonder Dog!  RIP dear friend.............

Had Sammi my black water dog from England put down when she was 16+.  You never get over it, but you get used to it with a new pup.