Exhaust ideas for customized Snapper riding mower

Rate this topic

bkupmstr

Anyone have any ideas on how I can get exhaust pipes for a customized snapper riding mower?

by customized I mean I've put in a larger 15 HP motor in the original circa 1980s snapper hi-vac riding mower.

i am limited in rotating the engine so that is out of the question 

and the current config has the exhaust getting in the way of the chute that comes off the right side and back to the grass catcher

the cobble version uses the muffler from the smaller engine also so it's now quite loud

i tried my local shop and they just want to look it up by application which would pretty much give me what I already have as they did not put a 15HP in this model

thanks

You need to find a local welding shop.  Most of the exhaust hookups on smaller engines are just 2 hole flanges that can be welded on to a piece of tubing.  The tubing can be bent or directed wherever you need, and then terminated in anyway you want.  Threaded for a screw on style muffler, or, sleeved for a larger can style (garden tractor) muffler. 

That's what I was thinking. However, some engines do have a threaded exhaust as well as a 2 bolt flange. My ariens snow blower and craftsman mower are like that. Stock they come with a flange style muffler, but if you take them off the exhaust port is 3/4" pipe thread on the blower, and 1" pipe thread on the mower.

Go to a real muffler shop, not a Midas. They can bend up a pipe for you and weld it to a flange or find a way of attaching it. You could get a muffler there that those jap car guys use that make their cars sound like lawn mowers. What would it make an actual lawn mower sound like?:headscratch: chevy 350?

the human race has proved darwins theory of evolution wrong. we let the dumb survive. 

Sounds like you replaced a 12hp with a 15hp, (33inch High vac) rear engine model  do you have to Bag or just want to, with mulch blade and trap door closed it will look like a vacum sweeper went through the yard ,

If you did what i think you did, you can cut a hay field, on a 28 in rear engine snapper I put  a 12hp and never found any thing to stop it