H0tbox37

Inshore rod

6 posts in this topic

Whats up guys im having a tuff time figuring out what rod to buy for boat fishing, i dont chunk bait .. I usually throw swim baits bucktails, minnows and such, i need a rod that can perform for what im looking for. I need you guys to help me out , ive already baught a shimano stradic ci4 , i just need the rod to pair it up, any suggestions would help out thanks!!

If you gonna do inshore bottom fishing, 25_70' of water, then go with a 15-25 lb line test rod....doesnt matter the brand, no need to spend big money on a rod you made not like. I'm talking spinning rod of course. 

Posted (edited)

Ive had that reel in a 4000 size and had it paired with a 7'4 G.loomis pro green 3/16- 5/8. It's perfect for throwing the light stuff like soft plastics, bucktails, etc.  It's got really good backbone.

Edited by Bfishes333

Go to a bait and tackle shop with the reel, put it on some rods and feel how it balances. Seems like you'll be casting lures out so maybe a 7'6 length and probably a fast action. Good Luck!

You don't mention budget and lure weight. starting at the lower end you can go with a 1oz tsunami classic for ~$60, or a penn allegiance II 1oz for ~70. Both very light and good for what you mention. Star stellar lite for ~99 or jump up to the $200 range with St Croix and TFO. I personally like the penn allegiance II # ALLINII1017S70. You can find them at your big box sporting good store.

I have the same reel and partnered it with a St Croix tidemaster 7’6”. I love fishing this rod and reel combo. It is lite weight and fun to fish.