Baitedhard

MUST HAVE lures in NJ?

66 posts in this topic

On 10/27/2017 at 8:24 AM, Jay in the Bay said:

That's awesome DG!  Where did you get the Homer lure?

Someone came into the shop and gave it to me as a gag gift. Stripers liked old Homer. 

Was over the lights last night and watched a load of small stripers schooled up. They were nailing the spearing and bay anchovies whenever one came into view. Fun just watching and I think I found out something. The spearing and anchovies were all about three to four inches in length. There were pieces of broken reeds drifting down with the tide and the stripers would come right up to these broken reeds almost ready to attack then swim away. Then I noticed that they were only going up to the reeds that were about three to four inches long. If a piece five inches or longer drifted by they never gave it a second glance. The broken reeds had just about the same shape as the small fish and the pieces that matched them in length got the attention. Another point for match the hatch theory.   

On 10/30/2017 at 9:15 PM, Buckscorider said:

Same plug today. Its got some mojo.

Did well in montauk off the sandy beaches at night.

20171030_210847.jpg

The plugs with mojo are used so much they tend to get worn until the paint disappears...or the plug does !

-bd

Bucktails, SP Minnows, rubber shads, pencil popper and a Danny. I personally dont get crazy with colors if you look in my bag mostly white and a few darker lures for night time.

Posted (edited)

pearl bomber jointed floater, blurple SP, Gibbs Bottle yellow, tsunami popper,  yozuri hydro, yozuri surface cruiser, and kastmaster. 

Edited by jeffapeikin
Goofball

4 hours ago, Master Debaiter said:

My go to in Jersey 

8DF39167-36FB-4553-9861-787C68C8135F.jpeg

That’s a very creative lure rig right there :laugh: I wonder who thought that one up. Was it actually found like that?