Reed422

Sleep Apnea

128 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, seadogface said:

It is a implant in your chest with a wire running up to your tongue to stimulate it with low voltage.

Yeah, dont do that.  If you know someone that says that is a good thing, stop talking to them.

21 minutes ago, redfishkiller said:

i sleep in the recliner a lot, that helps,

I believe they call that passing out

35 minutes ago, Reed422 said:

I believe they call that passing out

no dumbas , that's when i sleep in the dog bed...

Reed,

Snored my whole life too, but got the apnea when I got to be a fat ass.  Like, freak my wife out, bad symptoms.

Drop 25-40 pounds.  

Srsly.

I droped over 25 lbs since May. My back hardly ever gives me fits any more. If I put that mask on I am sleeping in 10 minutes. I can sleep on my back now. FOR HOURS with a pillow under my knees my back feels so good. Once you get used to it a little you will love it.

1 hour ago, HopHead said:

What Pete said

Hop I dont know if you use one but the day of my sleep study I went in to REM sleep for 6 hours. Off the charts. I was walikng on air the next day. Talking not feeling run down. Now imagine feeling like that every day. I was falling asleep driving to work it was so bad. They say I have a small air way a big neck and I am a big guy.

Weed du you smoke ?

Weed you have to watch out with sleeping on your back. Your nut sack will slide down and block your but hole. Witch causes a vapor lock. And then you snore. So you can ware a cup and a strap to bed or get a C-Pap.

1 hour ago, HopHead said:

What Pete said ^^^^^

I hate that C-pap thingy! I tried to use it for several months and all it did was keep me and my wife up. My first DR wanted me to get a Bi-pap and then I went to a different DR and he told me that a third of the people who try a C-pap fail.

My original sleep study was something like $6,800.00! One night hooked up with wires sleeping in a hospital bed without a happy ending. :mad: I have insurance but I still had to pay $800.00. 

1 minute ago, rockyoutdoors said:

I hate that C-pap thingy! I tried to use it for several months and all it did was keep me and my wife up. My first DR wanted me to get a Bi-pap and then I went to a different DR and he told me that a third of the people who try a C-pap fail.

My original sleep study was something like $6,800.00! One night hooked up with wires sleeping in a hospital bed without a happy ending. :mad: I have insurance but I still had to pay $800.00. 

Thats nuts. I had all of the wires hooked up. 

I likethe mask that only goes over my nose.It works for me. I was a new man when I got it. Wish I had It years before.

Just now, fishing pete said:

Thats nuts. I had all of the wires hooked up. 

I likethe mask that only goes over my nose.It works for me. I was a new man when I got it. Wish I had It years before.

I tried 3 different masks and air pressures, nothing worked. I have a couple of friends who love their C-pap and claim they never slept better. It just wasn't for me. I am going to look into a mouth appliance next and if that doesn't work I quit. Dying in your sleep is underrated in my opinion. 

3 minutes ago, rockyoutdoors said:

I tried 3 different masks and air pressures, nothing worked. I have a couple of friends who love their C-pap and claim they never slept better. It just wasn't for me. I am going to look into a mouth appliance next and if that doesn't work I quit. Dying in your sleep is underrated in my opinion. 

TAP device is the better one

Make sure you do any exercises the Dr says though. The mouth appliance will move your jaw permanently if not. I effed up big time. Perfectly aligned teeth all my life and now my jaw is all ****ed up.

8 minutes ago, MitchellNJ said:

TAP device is the better one

Make sure you do any exercises the Dr says though. The mouth appliance will move your jaw permanently if not. I effed up big time. Perfectly aligned teeth all my life and now my jaw is all ****ed up.

I didn't want to hear that. I am a mouth breather and the Dr gave me a mouth closer to use and I started to get TMJ pain within a couple of days. Yep it looks like I will be dying in my sleep.