Reed422

Sleep Apnea

128 posts in this topic

Getting an in home sleep study probably got the apnea. been a snorer all my life fat or skinny. I'm ready for my vader mask. Though really I just want the surgery where they take part of your throat out and break your nose. I have lots of offers for help with the broken nose part.

1 minute ago, Reed422 said:

Getting an in home sleep study probably got the apnea. been a snorer all my life fat or skinny. I'm ready for my vader mask. Though really I just want the surgery where they take part of your throat out and break your nose. I have lots of offers for help with the broken nose part.

The nose is a signature feature with your people.

Go with the large mask. Then have fun.

Huffing.jpg

1 minute ago, MitchellNJ said:

The nose is a signature feature with your people.

Go with the large mask. Then have fun.

Huffing.jpg

what did tomt do there?

The home tests have bogus elements. I did it a few months ago, and they wanted me to pay something like $700 out of pocket -- and they refused to show me the results of the test. 

I told them to take a flying one. I'd rather be dead. 

Just now, Belmo said:

The home tests have bogus elements. I did it a few months ago, and they wanted me to pay something like $700 out of pocket -- and they refused to show me the results of the test. 

I told them to take a flying one. I'd rather be dead. 

your insurance didn't cover it

I hear this implant called inspire advertised lately, I know nothing about it, but think you should do it.

1 minute ago, Billybob said:

I hear this implant called inspire advertised lately, I know nothing about it, but think you should do it.

gf keeps sending me links on it.

4 minutes ago, Reed422 said:

your insurance didn't cover it

They covered it, but with a huge co-pay. Eff that noise. 

What made the take-home test even stupider is that the stupid thing fell off me both nights. It might have been attached to my body for a cumulative total of 3 or 4 hours for both nights. That wasn't an impediment to a positive diagnosis, evidently.

I asked the guy who tried to sell me a C-Pap, when I spoke to him, what percentage of the in-home tests they do result in a positive diagnosis. This is important, because the company that does the diagnosis also sells the c-pap, meaning that a positive diagnosis results in more money in their pockets. This is, ethically speaking, a clear conflict of interest, and I was wondering if that would have an impact on the ratio of positive to negative diagnoses.  

The guy on the other end of the phone refused to answer that question. :D

I got a followup with the real doc next month. I'm just going to leave it. But if the doc pushes me, I'll do an inpatient study: those are evidently much more reliable. 

12 minutes ago, Reed422 said:

Though really I just want the surgery where they take part of your throat out and break your nose. 

Friend of mine had that done - said the recovery was absolutely horrific.

Maybe it will get me a few sympathy bjs

I'm sure I have the apnea I have all the symptoms.

Cheaper to avoid the tests.  Buy a good machine and see if you can tolerate it.  The cpap machine collects all the data you need and with the help of the real experts on sleep apnea message boards you're on your way..  Drs don't know chit about it - even ENT docs.

I used one for several months and never felt any better even though it greatly reduced my "episodes."  Of course 1 night out of 14 the thing drove me nuts and got no sleep at all.

16 minutes ago, Billybob said:

It is a implant in your chest with a wire running up to your tongue to stimulate it with low voltage. If it had a dial on the voltage it could bring Connie and sister Amy Lungus to a whole new level.

Just saying it would beat the mask impressing a girl sleeping over

1 hour ago, HugeDinghy said:

My mother in law did it and she's like a new man. 

Wow that thing really works.