Maritime63

Buying squid skirts

14 posts in this topic

Hey guys I make and sell a good amount of bucktails jigs. I was just wondering if you guys found a cheaper place to buy squid skirts. I find them on feebly for 25 bucks for 100 in the 3 inch 

and 30 bucks for 4.5 inch. 

Would just like to just my cost down. 

I know everyone loves pictures so I have attached some of my brand Tommy Tog Jigs. 

IMG_6422.JPG

IMG_6423.JPG

IMG_6425.JPG

IMG_6438.JPG

IMG_6439.JPG

IMG_6440.JPG

IMG_6441.JPG

I don't think you will get much cheaper than that. I have all my tax numbers, and order direct from a distributor, and I am paying $30 for 4.5-5" glow squids.  Glow is the only type I use. During the day, great, at night....not so good for me.

Posted (edited)

Create a daily search on ebay.  I have found them cheaper ($15) at times.  It is only ocassionally available at that price.

Edited by NJTramcar

12 hours ago, Maritime63 said:

BLT is that 30 buck for 100 skirts ? 

12 hours ago, Maritime63 said:

BLT is that 30 buck for 100 skirts ? 

Yes, $30 for 100. Only bad thing is, a lot of times, they are sold out. They have other colors, but I don't use them. Need all you tax stuff to order there. They have Mustad and Gammy hooks in 1000 bulk. Perlon stick leader material, swivels and stuff like that also. Everything is in bulk. Let me know, and I will PM you the name, not sure of the rules for that here on the forum.

I bought a bunch of rubber at one of the fishing shows from an Asian guy/family. I bought it by the pound. It was knockoff stuff but I found it to be just as good as the name brands. The 6" Red Gill copies are great and the squid copies look just like the name brand without the eyes.

Posted (edited)

Check the Chinese wholesale websites like Aliexpress or alibaba. That's where I'm guessing the ebay sellers get theirs from.

Edited by eatmorelionfish