Belmo

Paradigm Shift -- Weather Change

41 posts in this topic

Will the blow the next few days be enough to change the summer-like pattern that has been in place for what seems like forever? Might this just be enough to trigger a drop in the water temperature, spur fish movement, and give us the Jersey guys a shot at what we've been pining for since at least Labor Day? 

And is the fact that I'm going fishing Saturday night, for the first time in what seems like forever, a sure-fire indication that the fishing will break out starting on Sunday or Monday? 

I think we might need a good Nor'Easter to get things going.  I mentioned on another thread that 2 days ago at the dock in Cape May the surface temp was still 72, and in the back was between 74-75.  This weather, I'm afraid, won't do much to change things. 

Just saw today on the weather channel that the jet stream is scrunched up on the west coast and that there is a high ridge of warm air as far north as Canada and as far west as Colorado and stretches east beyond our coastline. 

Might be a week or two atleast before a solid temp break.

Hearing it will be warm up until the end of the month.  Guessing any kind of fish migration won't get really going for another month.  But if you wait that long to fish then that's pretty stupid.

The fall run  of yesteryear is now the winter run.

-bd

16 minutes ago, bdowning said:

The fall run  of yesteryear is now the winter run.

-bd

For those of us coaching football every blessed weekend the longer it holds out for good fishing the better. 

22 minutes ago, fish taco said:

I'm just hoping the Albies don't get chased out by this weather!

my best albie day last year was in a NE worse than this. get out there

Fish will start migrating not just from temps but from the amount of daylight but in my neck of the woods here in MD that weather made the fishing very good last night. I think this is exactly what we need to get the local populations going after all that warm weather we had though

We'll see what happens. Im hoping for another burst of activity in the way back & close to home, before i start hitting the sand...a funny thing happened to me today at a spot in the wayback today. While i was observing conditions, and talking to a fellow fisherman (fishing for anything), a guy walks up and asks, "have there been any stripers around here?" 

While the of 3 of us are chatting, another guy arrives, looks at the water for a couple minutes, then asks, "what do you guys catch up here?" 

Knowing why he asked, i said, "what are you looking to catch?" 

"Stripers,"  he replied. 

If nothing else, with the cooler weather, the number of people looking for stripers is on the rise. 

I'm going up next weekend regardless, wetting line somewhere.  I'm thinking SH or Point Pleasant range~

23 hours ago, Belmo said:

Will the blow the next few days be enough to change the summer-like pattern that has been in place for what seems like forever? Might this just be enough to trigger a drop in the water temperature, spur fish movement, and give us the Jersey guys a shot at what we've been pining for since at least Labor Day? 

And is the fact that I'm going fishing Saturday night, for the first time in what seems like forever, a sure-fire indication that the fishing will break out starting on Sunday or Monday? 

where are you fishing

6 minutes ago, crazybellringer said:

where are you fishing

Off my friend's dock tomorrow night. Unless the ocean cleans up, when I may try bait and plugs from the beach (near CISP).