Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BrianBM

Now, here's an odd change

8 posts in this topic

Strange are the ways of code and coders.

OK.  Until the past few days, I'd initially see a message that the Home Page was being redone, and will be finished when TimS gets tired of watching raccoon sex videos.  After a few moments, I'd be logged in. The site always knew who I was.

Then it switched. 

Now I get a Welcome, Guest! and a list of current topics under discussion, along with the places to enter my name or email address and a password. If I just select a topic and go there, all of a sudden, the system recognizes me again, all my buttons work, and so on.  Has anyone else noticed that change?

It happened to me, too :) I'm working on it...

Mully, I made some changes that should help...next time you visit, logout - then login....lemme know if it fixes the problem :)

Logging in, what I see as of 3:41 p.m. is the Recent Discussions column, expanded to full page width.  The system now knows who I am, but I still have to go to a Recent Discussion; from there, Forums and then anywhere I want to go.  Weird.

Brian, click this link: www.stripersonline.com/surftalk/

You should see the SurfTalk forum index. If you don't, please let me know :)

Up to the past few days, I'd type "s" in the address bar of Chrome, Stripersonline dot com would come up, and deliver me to the home page  "S" gives me "stripersonline dot com," add a forward slash and "surftalk" and I'm at the familiar home page.  If I just click on "stripersonline dot com," I get a full-page Recent Discussions page.