Hectic530

"I'll take it" don't mean you get the item

31 posts in this topic

12 hours ago, Hectic530 said:

So pretty much he favored to sell it to the other person because once he came on he responded to me and then sold it to the other person but you never even gave me the opportunity to have it shipped out which I believe if you see the post it was not done right it was favoritism  LESSON LEARNED  

How is it favoritism to not want to have to jump through hoops, wait for additional responses, with the risk that the tire kicker may not even respond...or they may not like the answer and decide not to buy it...while the "I'll take it" person is waiting right there, money in hand, ready to pull the trigger, no questions, no waiting, no tire kicking, no haggling, no hassles, no worries?

That's not favoritism of one person over another, it's preferring to get the sale over and done with - right now, not hoops to jump through, no waiting for responses...nothing. The seller is also welcome to respond to your questions AND STILL sell it to whomever they want.  It's their item. They want to sell it. They have a buyer lined up with money in hand - and another potential buyer who has questions, wants pictures, wants to change the original terms somehow...not to mention, maybe they would prefer to sell it to a member that also contributes on the rest of the site rather than someone who primarily just uses the BST Forum? The lesson here is - like it always has been - if you want something, buy it...or someone else might. Not to mention, favoritism, is natural...if you can sell something to two people while following all the rules - are you going to sell it to the guy you don't know or the guy who's username you've seen throughout the site helping people and getting involved? 

This isn't eBay, it's a community.

24 minutes ago, TimS said:

How is it favoritism to not want to have to jump through hoops, wait for additional responses, with the risk that the tire kicker may not even respond...or they may not like the answer and decide not to buy it...while the "I'll take it" person is waiting right there, money in hand, ready to pull the trigger, no questions, no waiting, no tire kicking, no haggling, no hassles, no worries?

That's not favoritism of one person over another, it's preferring to get the sale over and done with - right now, not hoops to jump through, no waiting for responses...nothing. The seller is also welcome to respond to your questions AND STILL sell it to whomever they want.  It's their item. They want to sell it. They have a buyer lined up with money in hand - and another potential buyer who has questions, wants pictures, wants to change the original terms somehow...not to mention, maybe they would prefer to sell it to a member that also contributes on the rest of the site rather than someone who primarily just uses the BST Forum? The lesson here is - like it always has been - if you want something, buy it...or someone else might. Not to mention, favoritism, is natural...if you can sell something to two people while following all the rules - are you going to sell it to the guy you don't know or the guy who's username you've seen throughout the site helping people and getting involved? 

This isn't eBay, it's a community.

LOL  your the boss have a blessed day TIM

13 hours ago, Batman67 said:

I would like to see where this goes. It has happened to me more than once. Asking either size or weight of a lure(info not included in description) and someone after me says "I will take it". I was told those are the rules.

when you ask a question remember that the seller may list the item and then not log back into SOL for several hours.  By that time if someone has accepted terms those who are asking questions are not going to get a shot in most cases, especially when it is a high $ item

Think of it as a lesson learned Hectic. The next time you want to buy something don't say "I'm interested" say "I'll take it" After that you can PM the seller and discuss any terms you want. There have been hundreds of "I'll Take It's that have fallen through because of some clarification or misunderstanding. Protect yourself and say :"I'll take it" next time.

4 minutes ago, MorningWood said:

Think of it as a lesson learned Hectic. The next time you want to buy something don't say "I'm interested" say "I'll take it" After that you can PM the seller and discuss any terms you want. There have been hundreds of "I'll Take It's that have fallen through because of some clarification or misunderstanding. Protect yourself and say :"I'll take it" next time.

I agree "I'll take it" lol lesson learn now I now I'll pull the trigger first "I'll take it" then ask the ? If I if I have one on that  particular item thanks for the info :)

12 minutes ago, Desmo said:

when you ask a question remember that the seller may list the item and then not log back into SOL for several hours.  By that time if someone has accepted terms those who are asking questions are not going to get a shot in most cases, especially when it is a high $ item

There is no perfect system that will please everyone. Most times it seems to benefit everyone, some times it doesnt. So is life.

I do think on lures, length and weight should be required. 

Just my 2 cents,

Tight Lines

I just think it would be a common courtesy to deal with the person that asked the question looking for info about an item before jumping to the next person but I guess courtesy don't count if it was an item I was selling as I've done it before I would answer the questions and go onto the next person  and let them know that I'm given the other person a few hours to respond back if not the item will be sold to them but  everyone does things differently  

Although TimS has addressed this issue, I’m gonna add 2 cents of my own. 

This is a quote from the very top of the BST Rules and Guidelines and I’m posting it as a gentle reminder.

This forum is for contributing members of this website.

To be initially considered a "contributing member" you must have BOTH the following:
- You must have at least 15 posts.
- You must be registered for at least 7 days.
- To remain a contributing member you must participate in the other forums here as well.

****If you do not come here to engage in discussions, help others or even to ask questions or socialize, then please don't use this forum to buy or sell things.

8 minutes ago, chumfish said:

Although TimS has addressed this issue, I’m gonna add 2 cents of my own. 

This is a quote from the very top of the BST Rules and Guidelines and I’m posting it as a gentle reminder.

I'm glad this was brought up again because if you look at my record I've only been here a couple months and I have contribute to a couple different post   

1 hour ago, Hectic530 said:

LOL  your the boss have a blessed day TIM

I'll take that to mean you now understand the rules you were incorrectly lecturing people on in the VS thread :th:

TimS

I will add a comment here. If I have already answered a question I will give that member a reasonable amount of time to respond and make that evident in the thread - my call. If I have not yet answered and someone comes up and posts "I will take it" before I have answered then the chances are very good they will get it. I would need a really good reason to run the risk of them tiring of waiting and rescinding the offer and then having no one buy the item after the query went back and forth.

Puck

11 minutes ago, speedwell said:

I will add a comment here. If I have already answered a question I will give that member a reasonable amount of time to respond and make that evident in the thread - my call. If I have not yet answered and someone comes up and posts "I will take it" before I have answered then the chances are very good they will get it. I would need a really good reason to run the risk of them tiring of waiting and rescinding the offer and then having no one buy the item after the query went back and forth.

Puck

That is exactly what would I would have done but he answered my question by telling me that somebody underneath me took it  after seeing all the commotion and post in between  I guess you have a choice of who  you choose to sell to or which person you want to respond to all just jump through the hoops and go straight to a person that says "I'll take it "  it is what it is I guess no big deal 

I dont understand why people get overworked about not getting an item. The rules are clearly stated. I've had an encounter where I was the first to say "I'll take it" if pick up was in NJ or PA as the seller did not specify. Needless to say I sign in later and the item is sold to 2 other people p/u NJ as the seller had 2 and the thread is locked. I didn't think much of it and was glad two others lucked out and got some good deals. Not the end of the world and to be bitter over. We may be strangers online but we're brought together for the love of this sport. There are always worse things in life so let's be civil and move on.