Hectic530

"I'll take it" don't mean you get the item

31 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I would like to know how the rules works when you ask a question yet you haven't got a response from the seller and 2 post under me  that my post that I'm interested and I'm trying to find out the location  somebody put "I'll take it " and they get the item when I'm waiting to find out if the item is local to do the transaction face-to-face which is safer  and be able to see the item that I'm purchasing  The rules clearly state that because you say I'll take it doesn't mean you get the item THATS NOT FOLLOWING THE RULES

Edited by Hectic530

Not my site, but I'll give it a try.

I see you are new here. The seller has the descretion to sell it to you or not as long as they do not sell it to anyone after the first "I'll take it" without any strings attached. Meaning, most likely the seller did not want to answer your questions as they had a buyer in hand with no questions asked. There are alot of "tire kickers" not saying that you are one of them, but as a "seller" it is your right.

From the seller's standpoint, maybe they do not want to do a face to face as it may be time consuming and it does not guarantee a completed transaction. If you are worried about not getting something that is advertised then always pay with Paypal. They will stand behind the buyer 99% of the time.

You have the same rights as the seller when you sell something.

I would like to see where this goes. It has happened to me more than once. Asking either size or weight of a lure(info not included in description) and someone after me says "I will take it". I was told those are the rules.

To give yourself a better postion next time if you really wanted an item, you could state somthing like "If you are local to Boston, and we can do a face to face, I will take this for asking". This way the seller will know you are serious. If the seller was not even local to you, would it then matter if you lost the item?

3 minutes ago, quan808 said:

Not my site, but I'll give it a try.

I see you are new here. The seller has the descretion to sell it to you or not as long as they do not sell it to anyone after the first "I'll take it" without any strings attached. Meaning, most likely the seller did not want to answer your questions as they had a buyer in hand with no questions asked. There are alot of "tire kickers" not saying that you are one of them, but as a "seller" it is your right.

From the seller's standpoint, maybe they do not want to do a face to face as it may be time consuming and it does not guarantee a completed transaction. If you are worried about not getting something that is advertised then always pay with Paypal. They will stand behind the buyer 99% of the time.

You have the same rights as the seller when you sell something.

Well put and it does make sense.

2 minutes ago, Batman67 said:

I would like to see where this goes. It has happened to me more than once. Asking either size or weight of a lure(info not included in description) and someone after me says "I will take it". I was told those are the rules.

Sad but that's not the rules 

12 hours ago, Batman67 said:

The seller could have sold it to you, but misinterpreted the rules. Doesn't matter though as long as they do not go past the first "I'll take it". It's up to the seller.

So pretty much he favored to sell it to the other person because once he came on he responded to me and then sold it to the other person but you never even gave me the opportunity to have it shipped out which I believe if you see the post it was not done right it was favoritism  LESSON LEARNED  

3 minutes ago, Hectic530 said:

So pretty much he favored to sell it to the other person because once he came on he responded to me and then sold it to the other person but you never even gave me the opportunity to have it shipped out which I believe if you see the post it was not done right it was favoritism  LESSON LEARNED  

Ok, I read through the thread that you were talking about. You never stated that you would take the price shipped until after he accepted the first "I'll take it". Again, he could have sold it to you, but as a seller it is his discretion as long as he does not go past the first "I'll take it" . You have the same rights as a seller so there is no favoritism going on.

I thought by me saying I'm interested where are you located would be enough to knowledge that I will take it but I guess not  and him not giving me the opportunity to even have it shipped out or telling me where he's located he just gave it to the other person that would be favoritism/ seller choice same thing because I was there literally sitting on my computer waiting for him to respond as a matter fact the person that's buying it hasn't even responded yet 

Because you asked a question, the seller does not ever have to address you. He could have given you the opportunity to take the reel shipped, but it is his right to sell it to the first person that accepted his terms without strings attached. The exact same right that you have as a seller. This is done to prevent items for sale from stalling. 

You say now that you would have accepted the terms with shipping, but let's say you wanted the terms in your original post above. Answering your questions would have seemed like a moot point right? The seller cannot read your mind.

Seller's pretty much don't know buyer's from Adam. Seller was within the rules to do what he did. If you feel it was favoritism then this post will not change your mind.

The way I  look at it to be honest with you is you can't  ask any questions you pretty much got to run out there and state "I will take it" and then ask questions later if you don't want to lose an item  and then that comes into play with the rules that state if you say " I will take it "does not mean you get the item SMH  MAKES NO SENSE  

The key here is the first "I'll take it" without strings attached. If the item is not properly described and you lost out because questions are not answered would you really want to buy the item anyway?

I have bought a lot of items on here and if I'm interested in something and my question is not answered it's not worth it to me to buy the item. If a seller continually post items without a full description by all means "report" the post.

For this particular transaction the seller stated that they were not interested in meeting thus accepting the first offer. That is 100% his right. 

10 hours ago, Hectic530 said:

Sad but that's not the rules 

So you think the seller should be handcuffed to wait forever for the person who asked questions to get back to them at some point...if ever...rather than be able to sell it to the person who accepted their terms?  Sorry, but that would result in far more hassles and would greatly delay the process of selling stuff. How long should the seller have to wait? 24 hours? 12 hours? Then what? Then I gotta hear people whine "I was at work" - "I'm not on my computer all day", etc.  And if the answer to the question wasn't the answer they wanted...then after waiting the 12/24 hours, the seller now has to try and reach the person who accepted their terms - see if they are still interested. How long should they have to wait for that person to respond before they can open up the selling to others?

These rules work, they are very effective at keeping things moving while being fair to everyone - and at giving the seller the option to jump through hoops and dance like a monkey if they feel like it...or to just sell it to whomever they want as long as it's not beyond the first person that accepts their terms.  Tire kicking, asking questions, asking for better pictures, asking where they are located...if you are lucky, the seller will jump through your hoops. If you aren't, they'll sell it to the first person that accepts their terms. Consider it kind of like eBay's "buy it now"...while all the people are making the lowest bids they can, someone can just click the button and "buy it now". Except here, we give the seller the option to sell it to the "buy it now" person...or, if they don't mind, answering the questions of the bidders. We like flexibility...it's the seller's item, they should be able to decide how they sell it...provided they agree to sell it to anyone that accepts their terms - OR anyone that expressed interest prior to the post where their terms were accepted.

These aren't just random rules stuck together for entertainment, they've all been well thought out and have been tested for more than a decade and hundreds of thousands of sales. I don't understand why people have so much trouble with this rule, "I'll take it" does not mean that person gets the item - it means someone who has posted in that thread up to and including the "I'll take it" will get the item. It's the seller's choice :read:

TimS