fishoninct

Blackfish reports???

17 posts in this topic

On October 19, 2017 at 5:19 AM, FlukeOff said:

Went out yesterday and fished a break wall in about 12-16 feet. Fishing was slow with just a couple shorts for first half of dropping tide - many boats anchored up and then left. Us being stubborn and shielded from the rough waters we decided to stay. The bite turned on and we ended with 3 keepers between two of us....biggest was just over 5#. Not a great day but at least we didn't get skunked. Also, the fish clearly preferred bigger crabs chopped in half as opposed to whole smaller crabs (even with shell cracked and/or removed.) 

Noticed last two times out nothing was happening for about 1/2-1 hour after we started fishing then it picked up. I think when you dunk your crab, it takes time for the scent to filter out into the water and the BF to hone in on it. Once the bite starts, it gets hot then. Must have caught 20 yesterday for 4 keepers, along with about 5 porgies and 3-4 sea bass (all short unfortunately). Lots of fun after the bite picks up. 

Fished for 30 min from shore today after catching my bait right next to my spot and landed a 6lb tog on my first cast here's the pic.

Image may contain: 1 person, outdoor