Sticky Saltist 4000

Rate this topic

JoshLG

I insulted no one. Its not an insult if its true. Apparently you don't like facts.

When a blogger thinks he is moving worldwide markets for companies with sales in the billions of dollars he is a Narcissist. Daiwa is adding to their line due to pressure from their competitors, not because of anything or anyone else despite what he thinks.

If you don't like the truth, too bad.

And I am sick and tired of your selective and biased enforcement as to who is insulting who around here. 

Edited by johndtuttle

9 minutes ago, johndtuttle said:

I insulted no one. Its not an insult if its true. Apparently you don't like facts.

When a blogger thinks he is moving worldwide markets for companies with sales in the billions of dollars he is a Narcissist.

If you don't like the truth, too bad.

I am sick and tired of your selective judgment as to who is insulting who around here. 

Selective judgement?? You called a member here a narcissist.

For making a statement insinuating that a reel company is coming out with a new line of reels because people read factual reviews.  And found other products to be a better purchasing decision.   

Isn't that pretty much the same thing you said?  Either way, who cares?   NEW TOYS ARE COMING FROM AN AWESOME COMANY!!!!!

Ask yourself....how necessary was the post in this thread, and the other?  And would you have posted if it wasn't in response to an Alan quote  (which i didn't even know because.....well it's Glos  :)  )

So these unprovoked comments aren't insults  ( following your WELL ESTABLISHED pattern of "putting someone down and pat myself on the back" )

but in all honesty he doesn't know anything about fishing for big fish."

" doesn't ever give the impression that he has really met a fish that can pull, as evidenced by almost getting drowned by a shark from the beach lol."

"The drag is just like a lever drag conventional reel (which apparently he has no experience with either). "

((((So for the second time....how many giants did you put on the MAK in the 18 months since Okuma gave you a reel?  Got any sweet pics?))))

So lets say I went overboard and they're not insults.....(in my opinion it is...ya' know your posting history'n all)

It's off topic and personal while at the same time discussing things outside this forum.  And since Alan isn't active here much anymore.  It's negatively discussing members who are no longer participating here.  

It's not selective judgement,   I'm just a mod in the main who most actively participates.  Especially when it comes to gear talk.  And you can't seem to resist being a sweetheart.

(((Oh...and claiming the victim is another one of your well established patterns)))

"Panacheless is no way to go through life"

Tims

I guarantee you that daiwa people take notice of alan`s reviews, take them seriously into consideration

and not only that, beside those they carefully monitor big forums, amazon and ebay comments

that is why I joined stripers and alan tani forums, after reading alans review

and immediately spewed fire about that pot metal called aluminum

+ provided links to videos showing malfunctioning of bg and saltist.

all that had to result in more complaints from fishos to daiwa and all over, which in turn gave results.

So, no need to thank me.

to thank alan hawk, yes, all day long

I will be watching.

Its a different world to the one it was 20 years or even 10 years ago.

A blogger can rightly or wrongly influence public perception and opinion.

To believe the public cannot be swayed is short-sighted.

If the buying public's opinion (swayed by a blogger or not) says company A's product has shortcomings, manufacturer's would be foolish NOT to listen and take heed, they will lose sales.

In the modern world, manufactures can get almost instant feedback - great tool if you take heed.

Edited by ZAFisher

3 hours ago, glos said:

latest example is okuma makaira line roller bearing, being replaced and changed, after alan said so

LOL.

Yep, a company with $1.3 Billion in revenue needed a blogger to point out a tiny tolerance issue....just wow.

Edited by johndtuttle

3 hours ago, ZAFisher said:

Its a different world to the one it was 20 years or even 10 years ago.

A blogger can rightly or wrongly influence public perception and opinion.

To believe the public cannot be swayed is short-sighted.

If the buying public's opinion (swayed by a blogger or not) says company A's product has shortcomings, manufacturer's would be foolish NOT to listen and take heed, they will lose sales.

In the modern world, manufactures can get almost instant feedback - great tool if you take heed.

The thing that is narcissistic is the assumption that only one person alone is aware and some mega-corp needs to be saved by a blogger.

Its just one source of information, that their factory and service departments already continually feed back to the engineers.

Yes, they pay attention to social media as a "canary in the coal mine" but its collective, not an individual opinion that carries weight. The market is far more than one man's opinion.

Edited by johndtuttle

3 hours ago, johndtuttle said:

LOL.

Yep, a company with $1.3 Billion in revenue needed a  BLOGGER to point out a tiny tolerance issue....just wow.

2 hours ago, johndtuttle said:

The thing that is narcissistic is the assumption that only one person alone is aware and some mega-corp needs to be saved by a BLOGGER.

ITS JUST ONE SOURCE OF INFORMATION , that their factory and service departments already CONTINUALLY feed back to the engineers.

Yes, they pay attention to social media as a "canary in the coal mine" but its collective, not an individual opinion that carries weight. The market is far more than one man's opinion.

John, you contradicted yourself.

In my opinion from my personal experience you are wrong in this matter.

But you have full right to have your opinion regardless how ridiculous it maybe to others. I will always respect that.

Just don’t ridicule, disrespect or poke fun at fellow members.

Collective opinion exists in communist countries and even so only in theory.

It is always opinion of involved individuals which matters.

No one suggested that certain blogger is steering big manufacturers left or right,

but I can guarantee you that after each new release they anxiously anticipate his and others reviews.

They will listen because they want to stay as multi billion company.

Those who didn’t t went bankrupt or closed rods, reels divisions.

Thanks to modern day media, public opinions and following sales matters most.

3 hours ago, Mircopolo said:

John, you contradicted yourself.

In my opinion from my personal experience you are wrong in this matter.

But you have full right to have your opinion regardless how ridiculous it maybe to others. I will always respect that.

Just don’t ridicule, disrespect or poke fun at fellow members.

Collective opinion exists in communist countries and even so only in theory.

It is always opinion of involved individuals which matters.

No one suggested that certain blogger is steering big manufacturers left or right,

but I can guarantee you that after each new release they anxiously anticipate his and others reviews.

They will listen because they want to stay as multi billion company.

Those who didn’t t went bankrupt or closed rods, reels divisions.

Thanks to modern day media, public opinions and following sales matters most.

I did not contradict myself in the slightest.

The "Blogger" suggests that his "factual" reviews are what people listened to and caused Daiwa to plan to introduce machined 7075 (or other alloy) gears in mid-range reels. 

Nothing is further than the truth. Daiwa has not abandoned "Digigear" in any way and they will continue to make many reels with cast Alu/Zinc gears and call them whatever they want. They will continue to make some of the finest reels in the world with machined Bronze gears and call them Digigear too if they choose.

What Daiwa has responded to is Penn Clash/Slammer III and Shimano Spheros/Saragosa that Daiwa has no effective competition to offer. It has zero to do with Mr. Blogger despite his apparent belief that his "factual" reviews were the cause.

And the only people that (may) have gone bankrupt were those mooks in Jersey selling OEM reels out of their garage. It also had nothing to do with Ser Blogger, as people here knew exactly what was going on too and warning people to stay away.

The reel companies that care what any Blogger has to say are the ones struggling to get established. The Big 4 could care less. They know their game.

Alright.  This thread has run it's course.  I'm shutting it down.  

If Tim wishes to reopen it.  He can do just that.

I'll bring up what I said previously and even made bold since you feel I'm showing selective judgement.  

It's off topic and personal while at the same time discussing things outside this forum.  And since Alan isn't active here much anymore.  It's negatively discussing members who are no longer participating here.  

And one last thing....it's intent not to be a last word or a gotcha..just a fact...Nowhere in the "bloggers" post does it say his factual reviews.  

"Thank you, smelly fishos, for responding to factual reviews and voting with your wallets. You made this happen."

In fact the only time he mentions a daiwa mid range reel is in the glowing BG review.  ((http://amzn.to/2zsX7Oo))Never once reviewing any other daiwa products after that.

Everything posted in this thread about the paragraph is nothing but an assumption.

Either way who cares.  It's one paragraph from one individual who shares his first hand experiences with the world regarding tools of the trade.

Edited by scoobydoo

"Panacheless is no way to go through life"

Tims