JoshLG

Sticky Saltist 4000

16 posts in this topic

Hi there all

So my relatively new and very lightly used Daiwa Saltist 4000, that I always rinse with fresh water after every use even though it’s never been submerged in salt water, has started jamming and squealing when I’m turning the handle. Anybody else encounter this?

Where did you buy it?  If it is local bring it back.

Yep they should.  PM me if you have an issue.

So I returned it to Bass Pro. Seeing as it fell within the stores 90 day return policy, they swapped it out for me. Unfortunately they only had BG’s in stock, but I figured that way at least I still have a reel to fish out the season with. Good service all round. 

You  got the difference in cash back right?  

5 minutes ago, Shipwreck said:

You  got the difference in cash back right?  

Oh yeah. They were cool about it all. Only reason I got the BG is that it would take a while apparently for them to get another Saltist 4000 in. 

* (15 October 2017) Daiwa apparently understood that low grade gearing with vague"Digigear xx" logos won't cut it anymore for the informed anglers. A new range of mid priced reels is coming, where they specifically state that the gear is "machined A7075 aluminium for durability". I'll be examining the ones without a mag-seal first in the near future. Thank you, smelly fishos, for responding to factual reviews and voting with your wallets. You made this happen.

* (15 October 2017) Daiwa apparently understood that low grade gearing with vague"Digigear xx" logos won't cut it anymore for the informed anglers. A new range of mid priced reels is coming, where they specifically state that the gear is "machined A7075 aluminium for durability". I'll be examining the ones without a mag-seal first in the near future. Thank you, smelly fishos, for responding to factual reviews and voting with your wallets. You made this happen.

Please keep your personal and off topic attacks to yourself.

It's obvious you have a grudge against him.  But do everyone a favor.  And keep it off of SOL.

I'm going to be editing another one of your baseless insults targeting him as well.

Calling someone a narcissist when almost 30% of your posts over the past 3 months are insults attempting to be the know it all....well...ummm...pot / kettle much?

Edited by scoobydoo

Still waiting on Sergio John.  Have not forgotten you.

11 hours ago, Shipwreck said:

Still waiting on Sergio John.  Have not forgotten you.

No worries, Chris. Hope to see the new Daiwa reels soon. :)

Posted (edited)

On 10/19/2017 at 10:40 AM, johndtuttle said:

Please keep your personal and off topic attacks to yourself.

It's obvious you have a grudge against him.  But do everyone a favor.  And keep it off of SOL.

I'm going to be editing another one of your baseless insults targeting him as well.

Calling someone a narcissist when almost 30% of your posts over the past 3 months are insults attempting to be the know it all....well...ummm...pot / kettle much?

pfft. The Irony is delicious.

Edited by johndtuttle

7 minutes ago, johndtuttle said:

pfft. The Irony is delicious.

You insulted Alan Hawk who is a member here for not having a clue about big fish? You insulted him again in this thread.

Since you are the super mega extreme expert on big fish.  Share with us some pics of the giants you caught with the makaira in the 18 months since Okuma gave it to you for review.  

"I have had a Makaira Spinning since last year at this time when it was first released by Okuma, they sent me a sample to fish and review."

And then explain how / why your opinion is more valuable than any other's