HellRaY

$1000 rod and used

24 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

On 10/11/2017 at 11:16 AM, Billy 40 said:

Where do these people exist? Both the conman builder, adn the idiots that fall for the BS

the GT guys, it was $1400 brand new. there's only 2 custom builder that i know of with access to carpenter blank in the entire world. 

On 10/11/2017 at 1:10 PM, Drew C. said:

Florida?

lol, i wish.

11 hours ago, SurffisherMike said:

wow, need to tap into that market

this market:

kingy.jpg.dfac7e87b42d82a34723912e8c7f2a0a.jpg

gt.jpg.a654d8f754c938f1fb93b1e0dfb6c0ed.jpg

Edited by HellRaY

51 minutes ago, HellRaY said:

there's only 2 custom builder that i know of with access to carpenter blank in the entire world.

Tell one of them they they are a total hack

These rods cost $600-800 factory built. Japanese tackle is not cheap especially Carpenter. You can get custom models out here but they are not very common. In all honesty this rod is actually an old style and can be had for less money than most Carpenter rods. I have stumbled upon a few out here in Japan for less than $500. It was a true shock when I moved out here and saw what pelagic guys spent on tackle. $2000 setups, most lures are pushing $100 each, its crazy but its what the market has become.

Look up Maven rods, they are works of beauty, different style than most rod builders and all are built on CTS blanks. Their rods range from $600-1500.

1 hour ago, Billy 40 said:

Tell one of them they they are a total hack

Hey, leave that guy alone! He makes me feel good about my work! :D

depends which model carpenter youa re talking about.

plenty of rods better and cheaper than carpenter. ripple fisher is my favorite, medusa custom wroks is a close 2nd.

maven are garbage, POS. all of 'em extra fast, but they did a very good of marketing, have their very nice rod racks to show off, the wife assembles the rods with garbage guide spacing but beautiful paint job.

do you good work belmo dont undersell your self.

I Went and looked at the site mentioned above. They look nice for a factory rod. It's too bad I'm a peasant party boat fisherman, they guys making $300 per hour for a basic and peopel paying it, I might be able to hit the $10,000. But  nobody like wraps or grips, so Ill stick to making $1000 rods for party boats for teh paupers.