The Riddler

When is it ok to shoot a neighbors dog?

251 posts in this topic

37 minutes ago, Sparky said:

Pretty sure the Li'l Rascals covered this 75 years ago. 

:th:

31 minutes ago, Wigeon said:

You never saw one because there aren't any.

The guy is a grade a c*** and should be beaten to within an inch of his life.

Bull effing chit.  My dad's cabin has a trailhead behind it, he let's people walk up the driveway after parking at his gate, past the cabin to access the trail.  99% of the time, no big deal.

One of the scariest things I've ever been a part of, my 2 or 3 year old daughter and I were out feeding the fish in the pond.  Her a car at the gate and 10 seconds latter a big ass Golden with a red bandana is coming at us as hard as he could go and he wasn't looking to play fetch.  I grabbed my daughter by the back of her pants and took off running for the cabin as hard as I could go. Son of a bitch was on my heels, followed me up the stairs and I barely got the door shut. 

Stashed my daughter in a bedroom, grabbed the 12 gauge and went outside to kill the worthless mutt.  The owner had arrived, leashed the dog and when she saw the gun went bonkers  "He's a service dog!"  Whatever, I told her to get the dog off my property or she would need to carry it off.  She went off about calling the cops to which I implied that I knew the Sherriff well and he'd be happy to help you carry your dead dog off after issuing you a citation for trespassing.

Neighbor about a mile down the road has these big ass Angolan shepherds that guard his sheep.  He had a couple of badly trained ones (by him) at first. They would break out and maul the crap out of people's dogs who were walking their dogs on a leash.  One time, followed my wife and kids' car all the way to the house.  Called him and told him to come get his dogs and next time he would need a wheelbarrow. 

I'm with Jase here. Control your mutt or it has a chance to be put down.

We have a neighbor at the top of the street who has a brown lab. It is an aggressive dog and gets out of their house often. It has chased my kids through the neighborhood and recently came onto my property and snarled and growled at me in my own driveway. I grabbed the 21 ounce Estwing and had every intention of burying it in its skull, but the thing thought better of the situation and ran off. The owner was chasing the thing down the street a little while later and got an earful. "Control your ****ing animal you moron!"

Nice stories.

We're talking about chickens here, not kids.

By all means shoot them at the slightest threat on a child.

Calling bs on a golden "charging" the guy, that's all.

2 minutes ago, Schooner Fred said:

You have to be smarter than the dog to train it.

PRECISELY why I do not own a pup...I think raising kids may be easier,

3 minutes ago, Wigeon said:

Nice stories.

We're talking about chickens here, not kids.

By all means shoot them at the slightest threat on a child.

Calling bs on a golden "charging" the guy, that's all.

I'm telling ya that brown lab up the street is one angry ass dog....never seen a lab like it, they're usually super cool dogs. Maybe the golden is the exception to the rule too....

Sounds like equally douche moves by owner and shooter. I don’t care what breed you have if you can’t control it at least keep it on your own property. 

1 hour ago, Wigeon said:

You never saw one because there aren't any.

The guy is a grade a c*** and should be beaten to within an inch of his life.

Oh hell yes there are, I had one come at me totally unprovoked when I was a teenager out raking the lawn, Managed to fend it off with the rake, damned scary.

SImple, dog comes at me on my property displaying an aggressive posture and I am armed it's getting shot dead.............

Posted (edited)

1) Nobody was there and nobody knows the true story. The shooter could easily be an effing nutjob who was looking for a reason to off anything. 

2) I have never once met an aggresive Golden in my life. Not once. I'm not scared of dogs anyways. Maybe a pit bull or a crazed Rottie would get me shooting.

3) 5 rounds he put into this dog. That's excessive. A warning shot would've scared him. 1 round would kill any dog. 5 tells me this guy isn't right. Not buying it. 

Edited by Mokes

5 minutes ago, Gotcow? said:

SImple, dog comes at me on my property displaying an aggressive posture and I am armed it's getting shot dead.............

You live in the country, where you won't get popped for discharging a firearm?

For the record, the shooter said that the dog "looked aggressive" that's it.

This dog (and the ***** shooter):

IMG_1281.JPG

IMG_1282.JPG