Spinnin reel suggestion

dannyplug1

Shimano Stradic 2500 would be my first choice. For a little more, the new Daiwa ballistic is REALLY nice. Otherwise, I'd look at a Abu Garcia Revo Stx if you don't like Shimanos or Daiwas. For about $150, the Shimano Ultegra is really nice too.

In regards to size, stick with a 2500 if you're throwing 6-10lb mono line or 6-8lb flourocarbon. For braid, a 2500 handles everything up to 15lb nicely.

The Cabelas store brand Verano reel is the same as the prior generation Diawa Ballistic. It often goes on sale for  any where from $79-$111. The regular price is $150 and when it goes on sale it’s an awsome deal. 

I have Diawa Ballistics, Shimano stradics(although the ci4 is above your price range) and the Cabelas Verano and can recommend any of them. 

11 hours ago, scoobydoo said:

I'd hang out for a bit until some of the new daiwa products get some "chatter"

Shipwreck is gonna let me play with em'  so I can get an idea how they compare.  

Exactly what im doing. I must know what you think of them lol

I follow u on YouTube, will you be posting it there?

I purchased a few Canyon spinning reels . Theiir Model 2000 would be more than enough feel,for ur use , I'm very pleased with 4 I own two seasons on em no issues ! They are light weight , drags no issues , handles good sized , plenty of drag & capacity ! There serviced out of NJ  & I believe the warehouse is there as well ! Used for  tog jig , Albies , Stripers etc . I own two sizes 2000 & 3500 .

Might look them over .