Reed422

Two Piece Rod Stuck

58 posts in this topic

Went fishing in the rain with my century sling shot 11ft and the rod is now stuck together. Any tips?

Posted (edited)

Grab the rod with a pair of dish washing gloves. Twist and pull....If that don't work place a plastic bag full of ice and place it around the male part of the rod where it connect into the female without touching the female side. The cold will shrink it enough to loosen the sections and pull and twist the rod again... 

Edited by sytheteacher

1 minute ago, ranger9 said:

put a freezer pack or a bag of ice on the joint for 5 minutes and should pull right apart

Great idea. I think i'm going to put a freezer pack around my joint right now...

45 minutes ago, Reed422 said:

Went fishing in the rain with my century sling shot 11ft and the rod is now stuck together. Any tips?

Is it a 1328?

Obviously worthless now. I'll take it off your hands.  

Just now, Eagles Dare said:

Is it a 1328?

Obviously worthless now. I'll take it off your hands.  

I believe 1327. PM me shipping address (screw you)

You can also try shooting some lubrication down there. Though cold is usually the best method of all. 

Similar to the suggestion of cleaning gloves I used those round rubber "grippers" that are for opening jars.  Nothing else worked on my stuck mojo but twisting with those broke it free. Anything with a rubber grip should help.  It's about getting the right angle on it too.  I think I found a video on the youtubes that showed a guy bent over with it between his legs or something and that technique/position helped be get a good pull and twist on it.

Posted (edited)

.....shoot some WD down there and let it sit for a bit......then the glove thing....even if you waxed it the WD should do it.

Edited by Mr. Bigdeal