Roccus7

Has "The Fat Lady" sung yet in your area?

22 posts in this topic

I've been skunked my last few times out so it sure seems like they've left. That said, I'm new to this and don't have any idea what I'm doing yet. :) I'm hoping my son will be up for going out in the morning tomorrow. Maybe I can at least put him on some mackerel...

Got three last night off a stretch of OOB. Small ones, one 18", and two about 22-23". Pretty surprised they are still here, but that was most likely my last outing for the year. This is by far the latest I have ever caught a striper. 

Still a few around my area of southern Maine. Did well on the outgoing tide Saturday in full sunshine. Picked up a dozen fish in the twenties 1@26" 1@27". Fished a different spot near high tide and caught 5 smaller ones. Sunday I caught 1 small fish fishing the same boulder field. Plan to hang in there a bit longer hoping the big gals are the last to leave.

I had thought most fish moved out of my backyard...Last night I had a little time and took the boat for a run to "charge the batteries"

happened upon some feeding that I could not get to as it was low tide.  Fish were in about 14"s of water that I could not cast into.

Saw a few more along the banks, and got close enough with a popper to get a quick turn and a good smack at the gibbs.  guessing a mid twenties fish.,

No hookup, but it will keep me coming back for a bit.  phone was buzzing with incoming from the control room so I had to abort the unsanctioned mission.

I believe that was my 1,787,963rd fish that has "gotten away" in this fisherman's lifetime.

Still around?

Jim

1 minute ago, jimbighead said:

I had thought most fish moved out of my backyard...Last night I had a little time and took the boat for a run to "charge the batteries"

happened upon some feeding that I could not get to as it was low tide.  Fish were in about 14"s of water that I could not cast into.

Saw a few more along the banks, and got close enough with a popper to get a quick turn and a good smack at the gibbs.  guessing a mid twenties fish.,

No hookup, but it will keep me coming back for a bit.  phone was buzzing with incoming from the control room so I had to abort the unsanctioned mission.

I believe that was my 1,787,963rd fish that has "gotten away" in this fisherman's lifetime.

Still around?

Jim

Don't go back Jim!!

itsatrap.jpg

I was north of wells this afternoon and evening, about 12 birds circling and diving on some of the rocks in deeper water about 400 yards out. Couldn't see any surface activity, so I'm not sure what was out there. Found some peanuts getting chased just off the beach. After an hour chasing the school all I saw was one mackerel chase my sebile magic swimmer in. Left the school and fished an area that gave up some micros a couple days ago. Managed one micro just a little bigger than my 7" redfin and had a couple swirls by similarly sized fish. Very slow, but enough to try again.