Roccus7

Has "The Fat Lady" sung yet in your area?

22 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Not 100% sure if they're totally gone by me, but Brunhilde has certainly donned her metal breastplate and horned helmet in my hood...

Edited by Roccus7

Damn Roccus, your fish/outing in record time stretch was keeping this fisherman engaged hoping your fish were headed my way.  Keep the faith/pressure on.

Jim

Posted (edited)

I agree keep trying, personally I am hopeing that I can catch a November bass. It would be a frist for me

Edited by Tlacey21walden

The fish are still active in my neighborhood.  I spent most of the long weekend on the beach fishing with an SOL member (husker) who was up here visiting the area from Nebraska.  Between the two of us we caught a little over two dozen striped bass between us. all under eighteen inches in length. However, we did see another fisherman hook into and loose a fish the would of easily measured in the mid thirty inch range..

Ah, that capricious bi-atch that is Morone saxitilis.  Enjoyed a lovely, picturesque October evening of fishing on the boat without any disturbances by striped hooligans.  Was at inner peace with my evaluation that the season was indeed over as I tied up.  Part of the tie up ritual is taking a few casts before leaving the dock and as fate would have it, my "last cast" got crashed and I hooked up, only to drop the fish, BUT they're still here and I'm still in the game.  Not sure if I'm happy or sad, but I'm not finished yet...

In the limited time government clearance was granted tonight..in my slow boat, I found fish on peanuts

only hooked into a few 18-20 inch fish but there were certainly larger fish in the frenzy

so cool to see that bait pop out of the water 

like nothing else 

im not giving up any time soon 

Jim 

Posted (edited)

Nada, but mackerel follows last evening, not even that this AM.  Unless I see fish breaking, I've officially quit for the year and a great year it was!!

FYI, have rod, will travel, so if those of you south of me want some company, let me know...

fat-lady-singing.jpg

Edited by Roccus7

Posted (edited)

I'm with you Tobias a November bass would be great. May have to hit the Canal for that. Fish still around my area, picked up 5 small ones yesterday but really had to work for them.

Edited by Livliner
tried to inclde

On 10/10/2017 at 3:51 PM, Tlacey21walden said:

I agree keep trying, personally I am hopeing that I can catch a November bass. It would be a frist for me

1 hour ago, Livliner said:

im in!   for November bass that is..  Also looking forward to hunting for that elusive April holdover next year!   Still pockets of smaller fish on peanuts in my area.  Easy to find.   

Jim

I caught my last bass november 4th last year at the mouth of a southern maine river after fishing for about 45 minutes. Walked back to the car pretty quickly to warm up. Called it a season after that. This fall due to work schedule and spending a couple weekends out of town I haven't been able to get out much. Luckily I always get to fish on the Chesapeake bay around thanksgiving, always get to look forward to that. Hopefully I'm going to wet a line this weekend somewhere in southern maine.

Did the 1A run late afternoon yesterday, surf was up but saw no sign of birds or fish. Fished one of my lunch spots today and got the first skunk in several months - been a steady decline as I got 25 or so Monday, then 6 Tuesday, then just 1 on Wednesday. Did see a few gulls over a solitary splash out in the harbor  I was at but that was it. If the fat lady is Janis Joplin I'd say she's taking a couple pulls of Jack Daniels and getting herself ready....

7 hours ago, gbiz207 said:

I caught my last bass november 4th last year at the mouth of a southern maine river after fishing for about 45 minutes. Walked back to the car pretty quickly to warm up. Called it a season after that. This fall due to work schedule and spending a couple weekends out of town I haven't been able to get out much. Luckily I always get to fish on the Chesapeake bay around thanksgiving, always get to look forward to that. Hopefully I'm going to wet a line this weekend somewhere in southern maine.

GBiz207 im still relatively new to the midatlantic area, but know the fishing remains pretty hot down here sometimes well into the winter. I plan on keeping my boat in the water til at least black friday.

If your making any trips down this way, wouldnt mind the company surf fishing or taking the boat out. 

1 hour ago, Fish350ME said:

GBiz207 im still relatively new to the midatlantic area, but know the fishing remains pretty hot down here sometimes well into the winter. I plan on keeping my boat in the water til at least black friday.

If your making any trips down this way, wouldnt mind the company surf fishing or taking the boat out. 

Where are you? Chesapeake?

I may be down there in late January on a trip, but I suspect things'll be pretty quiet. :cool:

-bd

54 minutes ago, bdowning said:

Where are you? Chesapeake?

I may be down there in late January on a trip, but I suspect things'll be pretty quiet. :cool:

-bd

i live on the shore in Delaware. Keep my boat on Indian River bay and the Indian River inlet has some good fishing. 

Chesapeake is about an 1:45 from me, but will be towing the boat that way in the coming weeks through november.