Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
55555s

good price on a solid little reel

7 posts in this topic

cab elas is having a sale on the Pfluegers-  President for $39, purist for 39, and summit for 29.

I have no experience with the summit, but I take it for halfway between the purist and president, which means its a nice reel for the money.  I am very fond of the purists.

Looking for a spare, for the kids, a significant other or just to fill out the cart and get reduced shipping, IMO/E these are a very good bargain (especially so the purist). 

Pflueger President is the way to go. It's an awesome reel, and you don't have to break the bank getting one! 

edit-  i think the summit is halfway between the trion and president. 

The purist is slightly more robust wrt drag and partly metallic body.  For 39 clams IMO the purist is the best bang for $ out there right now, provided absolutle minimum weight isnt requisite.  

Don't know what size Pfluegers you're looking at, but I just picked up a Daiwa Revros 2000 for $35 last month.  I also have a Pfluger President and I have to say the Daiwa is much nicer.  You can't feel the gears turning inside, spins much better and smoother, so I'm loving it.

Posted (edited)

On 10/11/2017 at 1:33 PM, ne_dan said:

Don't know what size Pfluegers you're looking at, but I just picked up a Daiwa Revros 2000 for $35 last month.  I also have a Pfluger President and I have to say the Daiwa is much nicer.  You can't feel the gears turning inside, spins much better and smoother, so I'm loving it.

Thanks for the tip, I'll check it out.  I own the 30, 35, nd 40 size pfluegers.  I dont use the 40 much.    re feeling gears turning inside, I dont get that sensation with mine.  

Edited by 55555s

Posted (edited)

And the 6wt CGR is $9.95, can't beat that if you're looking for a fly reel for trout/ panfish/ bass.

Edited by Bonefish79