DoorGunner

No way (pic)

34 posts in this topic

No way that this size bluefish should be here this time of year. This is early August size. Caught from the dock a few minutes ago and hundreds right behind it.

 

59d5075382016_DSCF5106_zps06n39uyr(1).jpg.e89e3b4b918da639638a8cdf4fb25127.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

please elaborate...  what's causing this?  what are the effects?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This could be an interesting fall...and winter.  Maybe we'll be writing about the Epic Xmas Blitz of 2017!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gunner, that's all i've been seeing. All the ones i caught a couple of weeks ago were maybe 8" at most. As small as they are they still have no problem halving rubber baits. Bloody Savages. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mr. Bigdeal said:

That's a stunted adult Boofish.............midget snapper ?

Umm.. they prefer "little " snapper.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, daves745t said:

This could be an interesting fall...and winter.  Maybe we'll be writing about the Epic Xmas Blitz of 2017!

Like the ones of 2015 &16.... looks like we're heading down the same path again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, FunkyBunker said:

Gunner, that's all i've been seeing. All the ones i caught a couple of weeks ago were maybe 8" at most. As small as they are they still have no problem halving rubber baits. Bloody Savages. 

Was fishin 4" Storms......now, bodies without tails.......thought this years was gonna be a sand eel event.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, daves745t said:

This could be an interesting fall...and winter.  Maybe we'll be writing about the Epic Xmas Blitz of 2017!

 

 i only have a couple days left to take off for fishing. That first moon in december is tempting. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Mr. Bigdeal said:

Was fishin 4" Storms......now, bodies without tails.......thought this years was gonna be a sand eel event.

They caused me to spend $40 at the tackle shop last week on rubber since they wiped my previous stock out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, crazybellringer said:

 

 i only have a couple days left to take off for fishing. That first moon in december is tempting. 

Let's go fishing, man! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Since "runs" seem to be running a bit late for the past few years, perhaps the bluefish spawn took place a couple of months late last year??? (Offshore water temperatures stayed pretty warm into the fall last year.)  Maybe these snappers are barely a year old.  Thus, the reason for such little snappers right now.    Just speculating...

Edited by Jettyhound

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to register here in order to participate.

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.