Winter Storage Rodent Problems

Rate this topic

whitey

I take the ends of old socks and put a fistful of moth balls in them then put them strategically all over my boat in all accessible compartments. I also throw a handful of loose ones under my boat as well. 

The bucket also works great and highly recommend it for getting rid of them from sheds and barns. 

I too use the  mothballs. I use the small plastic coffee containers, Foldgers, drill a bunch of holes in them, in go the mothballs. I also tape pieces of metal  screen over any hull opening, drain plug hole, livewell drains. Keeps them out, water can pass through. Worked so far.

FLY TIME

A bastage mouse once chewed the bleep out of the wiring inside my outboard cowling. Next year just before putting the boat away, I put poison blocks inside the cowling, storage compartments etc. Found some dead mice in the spring but no nests or damage. Mice can and will get anywhere regardless of how hard you try to keep them out.

Just imagine how happy you would be if you lost everything you have in life and then suddenly got it back
SOL Member #101

On 10/11/2017 at 4:32 PM, Dave588 said:

What are chances on just stealing the cat? 

Has crossed my mind . The wife would make it a inside cat though .

How long does it take to get the moth ball smell out of the boat being a Cuddy Cab ? 

I rode in my buddies truck that he put moth balls in a year ago and you could smell them :upck:

Top Drawer Sport fishing " We Put Everything Into It "

On ‎10‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 0:46 PM, Stonesipher said:

Non tox antifreeze !!!! Has been working great for us at winter camp for years. I think this trap is diabolical but it works. We smear lightly with peanut butter to get them up the ramp and on the pole. :hooked:.

You can also use metal coat hangers with a simple block od thin wood smeared with p b. it will spin just like the alum tube in the tape.

You’re not some crazy uncle you know!

I'm so glad I don't live in the fact-less bizarro world you live in...just sayin'.