tomkaz

Will Lefties Complain About "God" Talk From Administration?

56 posts in this topic

I find it rather remarkable to hear President Trump invoke God as much as he has in his comments recently. I really noted it at the end of his recent United Nations speech.

Then yesterday during his Vegas comments where he invoked God several times in a very overt way. Much more than the typical perfunctory, end of statement, "God bless the United States of America". Yesterday was far more, surprisingly so, especially in contrast to his predecessor. 

Then there was Sarah Huckabee Sanders quoting scripture before the WH Press Corps. I would have loved to see "pop up" balloons of what those Media people were thinking at that exact moment. Some were likely saying "WTF". 

At what point do we hear Lefties start to complain about "All this God talk"? 

Should start soon, the left does not like to hear of any power usurping the omnipotence of the state. 

I don’t recall him being an overly religious person, and as you all know he was not a big supporter of guns

he knows his base 

that said I don’t see his vague references to god as being a problem. He uses it in the most abstract of ways. 

6 minutes ago, JohnP said:

I don’t recall him being an overly religious person,

Knew him well did you?

1 minute ago, Shipwreck said:

Knew him well did you?

grew up in NY and NJ 

the rest of the country sees him differently 

So did I.  Never met the man.  Hell I could not tell you if my neighbors were christians or jews.  So he never talked with you about his religious beliefs?

1 minute ago, Shipwreck said:

So did I.  Never met the man.  Hell I could not tell you if my neighbors were christians or jews.  So he never talked with you about his religious beliefs?

his lifestyle pretty much his entire life goes against almost everything religion preaches and I dont believe he is sincere(my opinion) however his religion was not a consideration of mine when I voted for him

Oh you voted for him?  I did not know that.  :rolleyes:

So you knew him too?  Man I am feeling left out, I never saw him in person and never once saw him private.

Posted (edited)

13 minutes ago, Shipwreck said:

If you grew up in the NJ / NY area and if you were at all paying attention during the attempted development of Atlantic City , and if you acknowledge that he was always generous with his social commentary, you won’t find much reference to god 

I mean the guy was trying to set up a gambling business 

no when Trump talks about god these days it’s not coming from him. That’s his newly found base 

if his base wanted puff the magic dragon he’d mention that a dozen times as well 

Edited by JohnP

I did grow up in NJ.  I thought I said that.  

As far as social commentary, I have plenty here and on FB and I promise you have had far more interactions with me than you did with Trump.  Bet you cant put my spiritual beliefs any where close to reality.  I dont doubt you will try, but again that is the hallmark of identity politics, of which you excel at.

And to be clear people in the gaming industry cannot believe in God?  Is that correct?

From the transcript:

To the families of the victims, we are praying for you and we are here for you, and we ask God to help see you through his very dark period. Scripture teaches us the Lord is close to the brokenhearted, and saves those who are crushed in spirit. We seek comfort in those words, for we know that God lives in the hearts of those who grieve.

To the wounded who are now recovering in hospitals, we are praying for our full and speedy recovery, and pledge to you our support from this day forward. In memory of the fallen, I have directed that our great flag be flown at half-staff. I will be visiting Las Vegas on Wednesday to meet with law enforcement, first responders and the families of the victims.

Melania and I are praying for every American who has been hurt, wounded or lost the ones they loved so dearly in this terrible, terrible attack. We pray for the entire nation to find unity and peace, and we pray for the day when evil is banished and the innocent are safe from hatred and from fear. May God bless the souls of the lives that are lost, may God give us the grace of healing, and may God provide the grieving families with strength to carry on. Thank you, God bless America.

Posted (edited)

Another question.  Even if Trump was a raging hedonist, heretical, devil worshiper, is it impossible that he may have changed?  Reference the apostle Paul.

Its kind of a tenant of Christianity btw

Edited by Shipwreck
Dont want Frank Star correcting my grammar...silently.

29 minutes ago, JohnP said:

if his base wanted puff the magic dragon he’d mention that a dozen times as well 

Or, the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster, or Pastafarianism.

3 minutes ago, Shipwreck said:

Another question.  Even if Trump was a raging hedonist, heretical, devil worshiper, is it impossible that he may have changed?  Reference the apostle Paul.

Its kind of a tenant of Christianity btw

I don't believe the man has a Christian bone in his body, not that I did any serious homework in that regard, but I would not have voted for him had I known or thought he was highly religious.

The apostle Paul ? I don't think so, but if you have evidence of Trump getting struck by lightning, please share.

Amounts to pandering,imo, but doesn't really bother me none.