DennisBKLYN215

October 2017 Fishing Reports

500 posts in this topic

Its October ...

Try to keep other conversations, inquires, and rants in separate threads. If you have a question about something that would make a good thread on it's own, please start one.

For all of you new to the site, this is how you should make your report. Remember it's up to you how much information you give, but please keep it within the rules.

County,

Front (oceanfront) or back (rivers, bays, and inlets),

Conditions

What you were fishing for,

What you were using,

What you caught. 

You can say that you caught fish in Ocean County but saying that you got them at Ocean Beach is a no-no.

The terms to use are..........
Monmouth County
Ocean County
Atlantic County
Cape May County
North Jersey for the Hudson and other backwaters.
County name plus "In the back" for Inlets, Rivers, and Bays.

One little fish in the wash this morning, water looked beautiful, bucktail heaven, but this little guy ate a rubber eel.

IMG_20171001_070129255.jpg

Out in search for albies this morning 6-10am in MoCo with the rest of the world. Didn't see any but found acres of snappers and cocktails working under the birds...felt like it was a preview of the madness that will occur in a few weeks if the peanuts show up this year

Did I meet you this morning  in mon county. Fished a jetty in  m.c. 3:30 till 8:00 . Hard north wind lots of white water  one foot ball size bass on a needle fish.  Ed  I was driving a black jeep parked in front of you . If so nice to meet you 

Yeah, that was me, nice to meet a fellow SOL'er even if I didn't

know it at the time! I ran south from there to have a look around, lots of guys out but I didn't see anymore fish.....

Going on a short bender tonight, gonna start in the back and work my way to the bridge in NoMoCo (you know the one) and end up at the rips not far from there. I'll be searching for bass in the dark and Albies once daylight breaks if anyone wants to meet up

Posted (edited)

Out front MoCo. Saturday, Jack and I each got a "keeper" Fluke on Gulp. Saw fish breaking from 200-500 yards off the beach. Great looking bass water, and bait, but just the flatties.

Today I got a 26" Bass on a Storm Shad, and Jack got 3 Fluke, 1 of them nice, on Gulp. The Fluke were spitting up sandcrabs.

Edited by Stuu

Posted (edited)

after dropping 1 fish that felt real nice connected with a 29 incher that fought like a frieght train even made a jump out of the water, had a great spring looking to a even better fall 

A8AC5B2D-3332-4A7A-B849-BD70FD53E4BC.jpeg

Edited by Deaone123

Long day out front OC, two skates, three crabs, one gull, a half dozen very small blues, didn't see any bait. Windy....

Central Moco out front.  Threw metal & bt for 2 hrs till dusk .  Blanked.  Didn't c anybody else catching.  Water still very warm.

I'll head out Wednesday early morning to get away from the crowd. You know it's fall when you crest a sand dune and seen a human blitz covering the beaches. I was out Saturday talking with one of my son's way up away from water and got hit in the back with a metal. I was like whoa man no blitzes up here dude. He said he is new at the surf fishing stuff. I pointed at that water said the fish live out there man. Hopefully this fall goes well and we all catch some decent fish.

Switched it up a bit  o.c. Out back after dinner fished under a bridge  the amount of bait is insane back there. Had fun with 2 to 3 pound blue fish. It's a great work out . Back to work tomorrow . I might get out tomorrow night since I'm off Tuesday .

3 hours ago, Deaone123 said:

after dropping 1 fish that felt real nice connected with a 29 incher that fought like a frieght train even made a jump out of the water, had a great spring looking to a even better fall 

A8AC5B2D-3332-4A7A-B849-BD70FD53E4BC.jpeg

nice