luckyOC

Delmarva Fishin' Reports - October 2017

93 posts in this topic

As always, this is the place for your reports... as little or as much detail as you care to share, with hopefully a good bit less focus posted on exact spots, times, and locations. Any and all word from the local waters welcome here, and "no fish" reports are welcome as well; always good to have gotten out there at least, wasn't it? 

;)

looks like fishing has heated up a little, hoping things get better

I fished AIMD for a few hours Sunday morning. Slow morning but ended up catching a small shark around 10am. I'm unsure on the id, but it was released safely.

20171001_100130.jpg

Sharks were insane on Tuesday, especially after dark.  10 or so between 2 and 5 feet.  Bit off another 10 times.  Lots of screaming reels but no reds.  Tons of dink blues around also.  Tie some more rigs and try again Wednesday.

Took the yak to Cape Henlopen yesterday and caught around two dozen snappers in an hour and a half. I ended up keeping 5 for fish tacos :wee: I also lost a keeper weakfish right at the boat but I was going to release it anyway. Heading back tonight for some more!

8B407951-82C2-41C6-80CC-0A5A46623FF2.jpeg

Late afternoon Wednesday got this 28 incher.  Shortly after had a blistering run.  Thought he was hooked good but somehow he spit it after a short fight so I missed my shot at a big one.  After dark the little sandbars moved in.  6-8 inch blues all over.

IMG_0038.JPG

Fun night, had a good time on the bridge.

few fish we got. We got more , 

was shooting a upcoming TV show..

IMG_6439.JPG

IMG_6442.JPG

5 hours ago, paul708 said:

Fun night, had a good time on the bridge.

few fish we got. We got more , 

was shooting a upcoming TV show..

I saw you out there. Well, I saw the light setup and figured someone was filming for something. I stopped and fished on the west end of the bridge for an hour or so. Caught a few flounder, a small striper (16") and the obvious snapper blues. No keepers, but I still had fun.

been fishing out back the last few days and the Schoolies are eagerly taking small plugs, soft plastics and topwater..size from 12" to 20

14 hours ago, Caddyonthebeach said:

I saw you out there. Well, I saw the light setup and figured someone was filming for something. I stopped and fished on the west end of the bridge for an hour or so. Caught a few flounder, a small striper (16") and the obvious snapper blues. No keepers, but I still had fun.

Yeah

the lights actually had the fish around.

was a good time,

tommorrow hope to try for the sheepheads, guys have been doing ok, and some nice drum in the mix..

boat fishing next 3 days

Posted (edited)

Just some bait stealers today but beats work. Saw a large blue launch out of the water just past the outer bar 

IMG_20171006_120714.jpg

Edited by Bob fishhead Sproul

Nice pic Bob, I really enjoyed it sitting in my office today.

I snuck out to AIMD to fish the incoming the other afternoon, first rod first cast, about a two minute soak and I had a 30” drum in my hands...after that all small blues a few whiting and a dusky... literally a bite every cast for hours. All in all a great afternoon!!!