scrapper

'17 Deer season

261 posts in this topic

23 minutes ago, Steve in Mass said:

BTW...anyone that wants to come up to Foxboro and use my driveway to access a few hundred acres of conservation land behind me is welcome, just let me know........we have more deer around here than we prefer, or at least some of my neighbors feel that way.

what an offer. Wish I lived closer to you.

Posted (edited)

Hit him 20 yds quartering away. That's the exit you see; took out both lungs and went less than 100 yds before piling up.

image.jpeg

Edited by CcCstriper89

2 hours ago, Steve in Mass said:

BTW...anyone that wants to come up to Foxboro and use my driveway to access a few hundred acres of conservation land behind me is welcome, just let me know........we have more deer around here than we prefer, or at least some of my neighbors feel that way.

I work in Sharon/Mansfield some times. I may PM you. 

1 hour ago, CcCstriper89 said:

Hit him 20 yds quartering away. That's the exit you see; took out both lungs and went less than 100 yds before piling up.

image.jpeg

Nice!

big body for a young buck

bet the meat will be great

very healthy & well fed in appearance

3 hours ago, Steve in Mass said:

That's nice , i would love to hunt again.

But i have no idea about regulation in mass . I used to hunt with bow.

If someone can give me some informations about hunting with bow in public land , will be nice.

( i used to hunt in missouri in private land)

Bow season opens October 16th. You can hunt with a bow throughout shotgun and muzzleloader if that is what you like to do which goes to the end of December. You need to have some type of hunter safety course so you can buy a hunting license. It comes with two buck tags and doe permits need to be applied for early( before the season)or you won't get them. More in depth regulations regarding shooting distances; times your allowed to hunt; equipment; etc. can be found on the mafishhunt web page. Also you could pick up a Massachusetts Abstracts pamphlet (book with up to date rules on Ma hunting) at almost any sporting store and I believe even wal mart from the attendants in the sporting section. 

3 hours ago, CcCstriper89 said:

image.jpeg

Excellent shot placement

40 minutes ago, CcCstriper89 said:

You need to have some type of hunter safety course so you can buy a hunting license. 

They used to accept previous hunting licenses. 

3 hours ago, CcCstriper89 said:

Bow season opens October 16th. You can hunt with a bow throughout shotgun and muzzleloader if that is what you like to do which goes to the end of December. You need to have some type of hunter safety course so you can buy a hunting license. It comes with two buck tags and doe permits need to be applied for early( before the season)or you won't get them. More in depth regulations regarding shooting distances; times your allowed to hunt; equipment; etc. can be found on the mafishhunt web page. Also you could pick up a Massachusetts Abstracts pamphlet (book with up to date rules on Ma hunting) at almost any sporting store and I believe even wal mart from the attendants in the sporting section. 

Cool , thanks 

11 hours ago, Steve in Mass said:

Thank you Steve for this offer. I'd give you a good handshake right now if I could. 

I hunt conservation land and agree to take the first doe That offers an ethical shot. 

Z9 doe tag filled and I took 10+ minutes of video of deer walking around my stand feeding. Nice to have encounters like I did yesterday afternoon. 

Off to bird hunt. 

No big deal, guys, my driveway has plenty of room.

Could have taken out another doe this AM in the dark with my car on the same road in Westwood as yesterday, so they are on the move looking for food. But that particular road (Near the Dedham Golf and Polo Club) I call the zoo, as I always see plenty of deer, foxes, turkeys, coyotes, raccoons, opossum, among likely a few other things. At 3:30 or so AM, high beams are a MUST..........

Nice looking property you have got there night owl. You hunting RI too? My season started off in NH but for the most part I am only hunting MA and on some pretty large state land. Unfortunately no private and not really even any small chunks at the moment so my sightings will not be as plentiful as others may be. I do usually pass on a good amount of deer throughout the season though. Decided I wanted to fill the freezer first this year so I can coast through the rest trophy hunting. Doe permit will be filled as well but I have a couple stands that I will not be taking does from.