scrapper

'17 Deer season

261 posts in this topic

Blue Hills #'s are in. I got picked for the 11 day archery only season :)

Nice. Put a nice big PETA...People Eating Tasty Animals sign up in the rear windshield of your truck for all the whiny protesters to read and cry about!

I don't have any recent trail cam pics; but found this yesterday while scouting and picking a new stand location. 5th shed this year and biggest so far. Definitely last season and doesn't have a single chew mark. If he shows up this season I will be waiting; and he will hopefully be even bigger 

image.jpeg

5 minutes ago, CcCstriper89 said:

I don't have any recent trail cam pics; but found this yesterday while scouting and picking a new stand location. 5th shed this year and biggest so far. Definitely last season and doesn't have a single chew mark. If he shows up this season I will be waiting; and he will hopefully be even bigger 

image.jpeg

Great drop and untouched!

19 minutes ago, CcCstriper89 said:

Nice. Put a nice big PETA...People Eating Tasty Animals sign up in the rear windshield of your truck for all the whiny protesters to read and cry about!

I will be driving the commuter car. Truck and jeep will be home 

Just checked in on my old honey holes... some changes in a few of the areas but they all look promising 

I am hoping to get out in the rain this week to make a few minor changes and scout out some new turf.

I arrowed a doe in RI Friday after work. Albies in the AM and deer in the afternoon, October in RI. 

57 minutes ago, ged said:

I arrowed a doe in RI Friday after work. Albies in the AM and deer in the afternoon, October in RI. 

Oh hell yeah!!!

Arrowed a doe on town property this morning. My good deed is done. Then got a rooster as well

Have never tried pheasant hunting. Seemed to me since only certain places are stocked; that they would all be packed with hunters pretty often. Maybe just opening day then the herd thins?

I knocked down a basket 8 this morning. One tag left will be saved for a trophy sized buck or I wont end up filling it. I do have a couple doe tags to use still as well.

I love venison, but not a hunter, so my exposure to it is when I am lucky enough that a friend will give me some....

But at about 2:50 this AM, I could have had a nice doe using my right front fender on a back road in Westwood..... ;)

But I slowed down, she seemed a bit confused at first going in front of me, and then jumped over the wall on her way...

BTW...anyone that wants to come up to Foxboro and use my driveway to access a few hundred acres of conservation land behind me is welcome, just let me know........we have more deer around here than we prefer, or at least some of my neighbors feel that way.