scrapper

'17 Deer season

261 posts in this topic

23 mins ago, CcCstriper89 said:

Nice buck GED. Still got some time left I'm hoping to find one like that

You will find the orange army

16 hours ago, The BuzzardsBayBruin said:

You will find the orange army

How does it feel to be one the the despised army members lol. Good thing you didn't get in the pic with any of those deer; you may have had eggs thrown at you while walking through the grocery store or rocks while walking down the street. They are being shared all over social media as a "massacre" by hunters and non hunters alike that have never heard of deer on Nantucket hahah

2 hours ago, CcCstriper89 said:

How does it feel to be one the the despised army members lol. Good thing you didn't get in the pic with any of those deer; you may have had eggs thrown at you while walking through the grocery store or rocks while walking down the street. They are being shared all over social media as a "massacre" by hunters and non hunters alike that have never heard of deer on Nantucket hahah

It feels glorious. Time to put the sausage in the pan for dinner time!

I'm not a hunter and have zero issues with the sport and people who do it. Even Enjoy watching it on TV.  But that picture is disgusting.  I had no idea mass kills like that go on...

58 mins ago, frezzy said:

I'm not a hunter and have zero issues with the sport and people who do it. Even Enjoy watching it on TV.  But that picture is disgusting.  I had no idea mass kills like that go on...

That was 60 hours worth of 20 guys Hunting... doing our part to control the herd. 

We were applauded by epo, law enforcement and the deer biologist at check in station. Every deer we harvested was aged, tick samples taken and weighed.

Sorry reality bothers you 

Edited by The BuzzardsBayBruin

12,196 deer were tagged in the state of MA in 2016. 662 of them were on Nantucket. Oh the humanity! Those deer will not even put a dent in the population of an estimated 2000+. At 40-50 deer per square mile all the hunting is really doing is taking down a percentage of deer that will be born that next spring. 

That number of 662 would not have been attained without guys doing drives like this; and even with those deer shot the states goal is not being met. Can't quite get all the comments I am seeing on different pages  "I hunt; I eat meat; I am all for conservation; I want the deer population to be healthy; but but but.... this is horrific".

Imagine what a slaughterhouse looks like that all these people get their meat from and happily eat at home every night. I can bet you its a lot worse! Anti hunters will always find propaganda for the nonsense they spew. Cow towing to them is not going to change that. IMO if your not a vegan and you have an issue with guys putting meat on the table than your just another hypocrite.

15 hours ago, R.R. Bridge Fisher said:

I got a new t/c triumph that needs breaking in.

Black powder after Saturday. 

I have had the T/C omega since around the time they came out. If the triumph is anything like it; which I am sure it is; your going to love it. Mine is a tack driver.

Edited by CcCstriper89

Great job on the hunt buzzardsbaybruin you'll be eating good for awhile now!! Well said cccstriper some people will never understand. As long as the laws are followed I don't see why people have such an issue. Liked you said hypocrites. Those deer lived a good life unlike the meat they buy and turn a blind eye to at the grocery store.

I guess I am from a different era. Back then your friends, neighbors and even strangers were happy for you if you harvested a deer. But in todays "snowflake society" such is not always the case. We just moved back to MA after 11 years in FL. Our Grandkids are now enrolled in elementary schools here in MA.

I was rather shocked when the second grader informed me that I was "killing Mother Nature" when he learned that I was going to Maine deer hunting a couple of weeks ago. My third grade Grandson had to give a speech a couple of days ago. His topic was the Poaching of animals. Somehow in the logic of his speech the killing of animals was equated to Poaching.

They did not pick up these views on their own. They are being indoctrinated in the schools at an early age with these views.

Needless to say I attempted to give the Grandkids a bit of a reality check concerning the harvesting of animals and the consequences of overpopulation.  Funny even the staunchest anti-hunter has an epiphany after a bout with Lyme Disease!

Edited by snookster
typo

12 hours ago, The BuzzardsBayBruin said:

That was 60 hours worth of 20 guys Hunting... doing our part to control the herd. 

We were applauded by epo, law enforcement and the deer biologist at check in station. Every deer we harvested was aged, tick samples taken and weighed.

Sorry reality bothers you 

Excellent point here and congrats buzzardsbaybruin. Nothing wrong with helping the population while filling the freezer. Always surprising to me when people have issues with a form of hunting that is conducted in 100% compliance with the law. I'm only jealous I didn't get to tag along!