Surfrat666

Harmonics Laminate Flooring

3 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Harmonics laminate flooring sold by Costco
Anyone have experience with this product?
I'm looking to install flooring of some kind over concrete slab in small basement room (about 5 feet below grade).  I've never had any water issues there expect for one time when the corner storm drain overflowed and backed up all the way up our driveway and into the window well (I've since added a brick collar around the window well)...nothing coming up from the ground though.  
Thanks
-Scott

Edited by Surfrat666

On 9/27/2017 at 11:19 AM, Surfrat666 said:

Harmonics laminate flooring sold by Costco
Anyone have experience with this product?
I'm looking to install flooring of some kind over concrete slab in small basement room (about 5 feet below grade).  I've never had any water issues there expect for one time when the corner storm drain overflowed and backed up all the way up our driveway and into the window well (I've since added a brick collar around the window well)...nothing coming up from the ground though.  
Thanks
-Scott

I've installed thousands of feet of this in my rentals. Pretty good stuff, great bang for the buck. They've improved it by going with the beveled edge style, the one thing the butted color layer would do is lift the edge as it flexed. One of my oldest installations is in my sons room, went in when he was 3 and now he's 18, still looks good, and boys are hard on floors. Like any fiberboard laminate, water is the enemy. I use click vinyl plank in kitchens.