Big Will

What do you guys think about the breakaway hdx?

18 posts in this topic

On 9/28/2017 at 10:55 PM, Big Will said:

You don't think the butt is a little long on the regular hdx? Maybe I'm wrong I'll try it out for a few trips before I make the decision. Nick from breakaway said it was ok but sent me a video and apparently I'm not casting with my arms far apart enough to begin with. I just thought it seemed a little clumsy the way it is. the way I usually cast I don't leave my arms that far apart I've seen other people use a pendulum or off the ground cast without that long of a butt section but I'll give it a try before I do any modifications 

I do think the butt length (tip to reel seat) on the 13' is too long.....that's one of the reasons I buy the 14'....with no reel seat and place a higher quality reel seat at the correct position for me....still yielding over 13' fully built rod.

On 9/28/2017 at 10:55 PM, Big Will said:

You don't think the butt is a little long on the regular hdx? Maybe I'm wrong I'll try it out for a few trips before I make the decision. Nick from breakaway said it was ok but sent me a video and apparently I'm not casting with my arms far apart enough to begin with. I just thought it seemed a little clumsy the way it is. the way I usually cast I don't leave my arms that far apart I've seen other people use a pendulum or off the ground cast without that long of a butt section but I'll give it a try before I do any modifications 

Can you post the video ???

3 hours ago, frazerp said:

Can you post the video ???

this is what he sent me. I was surprised how responsive they are to customers. Very good customer service.