MikebDE29

Decorative wrap on the whole rod

6 posts in this topic

I'm just curious to see if I could wrap a whole rod? Would the epoxy mess with the action of the rod? And would the rod become really heavy after it was finished? My brother asked me if I could do it and I told him anything is possible. I seem to stick my foot in my mouth from time to time and I'm trying to prevent that from happening. I just can't see any pros on doing a wrap the length of a rod??? 

I think it's a great idea! :D:th:

Seriously, it's an awful idea. It will make the fishing rod heavier than a broken heart. 

LOL that's the only logical answer I could come up. But I don't know much about building rods. I guess it was a really stupid question. Could I get this thread deleted or something? 

No need to be embarassed, Mike. If you can think of it,somebody's tried it. There were bamboo rods wrapped that way commercially in the '30's. Didn't make any more sense then than it does now;they were horrible,heavy  monstrosities. Unk.

On 9/19/2017 at 11:54 AM, MikebDE29 said:

LOL that's the only logical answer I could come up. But I don't know much about building rods. I guess it was a really stupid question. Could I get this thread deleted or something? 

Don't feel bad -- I've asked way dumber questions! :D

And we don't delete threads like this, because someone else might have the same question down the road, and find this one via search. 

I'm still a little new to this. I have read a lot on these rod building forums. All that reading made me think I no what I'm talking about lol. So I'm just raring to go! I just love trying to do all these designs and stuff. I think it's cool as hell! Once I get myself an official wrapper setup I'll be better off. But I get ahead of myself from time to time and you guys bring me back to reality HAHA