Schumer & Pelosi Make DACA Deal with Trump

Rate this topic

big country

Just now, Riverboat33 said:

Trump never intended to deport the "dreamers", that is why he gave the 6 month window for congress to act.

Leverage 

^This^

They are what pulls at the heart and a huge bargaining chip for Trump

8 hours ago, Slacker said:

That would be pretty impressive... if Chuck and Nancy had the votes to pass any legislation.

They will. The dingbat right is getting marginalized in Congress. Trump is learning that they are useless to him and have stood in the way of getting his agenda through. If he has actually figured this out and is willing to leave them out in the cold, he gets some kudos from me. Time will tell.

1 minute ago, J said:

I agree she was instrumental in the campaign. She does have a propensity to knee jerk. Sometimes it serves her well, other times not so much. 

This time, it is the latter. 

A job needs to be done. Concessions are the only way to move things when stagnation hits. 

He ended DACA as we know it. Those covered currently are pawns in his dealmaking. They are a drop in the bucket in the grand scheme of things. 

I'll reserve judgment for later when things are better known. 

She does knee-jerk, I agree with you there.  She's never been this pissed though.

I never had any illusions about Trump deporting them either, my concern now is that the D's are going to push for amnesty for the parents.

That will be next.  Can't be "breaking up the families" etc.

I'll sit back and watch too for now, but he is going to catch a ton of **** today over this.  There will be a lot of before/after tweet screenshots and vids.

It will be interesting to see how they respond.

9 minutes ago, Gamakatsu said:

They will. The dingbat right is getting marginalized in Congress. Trump is learning that they are useless to him and have stood in the way of getting his agenda through. If he has actually figured this out and is willing to leave them out in the cold, he gets some kudos from me. Time will tell.

The never Trumpers are going to be marginalized, not the right................McConnel and Ryan are part of the Swamp............

9 minutes ago, Wigeon said:

She does knee-jerk, I agree with you there.  She's never been this pissed though.

I never had any illusions about Trump deporting them either, my concern now is that the D's are going to push for amnesty for the parents.

That will be next.  Can't be "breaking up the families" etc.

I'll sit back and watch too for now, but he is going to catch a ton of **** today over this.  There will be a lot of before/after tweet screenshots and vids.

It will be interesting to see how they respond.

Jagger said it best: You can't always get what you want". 

Sometimes we need to settle for what we can accomplish. There are bigger things to focus on.  

9 minutes ago, JoeyZac said:

And when he picks up support from a bunch of truly moderate voters over this, and gets reelected in 2020, will you still be laughing?

I hope Amnesty Don does right, it benefits us all. I don't have a problem with conservative politics, I have a problem with idiocy (and it exists on both sides of the aisle). 

Schumer and Pelosi are walking back their statement that a deal was reached.

Liberals lied to again.

Suckers

The biggest fish in the river gets that way by never being caught.

Edward Bloom

Look people, there is no way in hell that 800,000 kids and young adults are being deported.  Elian Gonzalez x 800,000?  There is no freaking way that's going to to down.  But here's what we "could" (as in "maybe") get our way on if we work out a deal giving them legal status:

- No citizenship, and no right vote, merely a right to stay and be here legally.

- Requirements about having to work, and limitations on social services.

- No right to stay for the illegal parents or any family other than their children.

- A complete and total revamping of current border security, specifically including funding for the wall.

- A complete and total dismissal of this "need for comprehensive immigration reform."

- Possibly a "clarification" to the 14th Amendment, specifying that children born on US soil that do not have TWO legal parents are not granted "citizen" status.

There's no way we're getting 800,000 Dreamers gone, but there is soooooooooo much we could negotiate for as a compromise in the process.

1 hour ago, Flybyme said:

The never Trumpers are going to be marginalized, not the right................McConnel and Ryan are part of the Swamp............

Only problem is that McConnell, Ryan and the rest of the Chamber of Commerce RINO's want the dreamers to stay too.

And like the Dems they have no interest in building the wall either.

No idea where all this is headed.

They must have gotten wind of how badly this was going over today while on the flight down to FL.

Just heard a soundbite of Trump as he was getting off the plane, don't have it verbatim but pretty sure he said something like:

"The wall is very important to me and there's no way they'll be a deal without a wall"  and "we're not talking about amnesty"