spinr0k

Hurricane Jose

24 posts in this topic

rather it be on 19/20th than the 22-23.... just sayin

most of the models show it going out to sea, yeah its going to make some waves, beach will be effected for sure, but its not shown to hit us and completely stop the season

Jose really might stick around for a while,  models today are showing it doing another possible loop offshore of us (notice red line).

euro-sep13.png.dc6ecc94784384d9d633e7528efbeaec.png

Been looking at the 15 day extended forecast for OC the last week or so for tournament reasons. Started out being the worse for that time period, but now the best. It's interesting on the daily changes due to Jose's updated path. This morning it still has that time period as being great, but has 40 mph N wind on Monday 9/25 ??? I'm sure things will continue to change in the next couple of days, hopefully for the best. The AI surf report has Tue. 9/19 as the highest wave height.....

.....don't think I've ever seen an accurate report 15 days out!

Sure looking good this far out maybe too good for tourney.  Hoping those sharks are starting to move out by then.  Also methinks will be hard to maintain baits with snappers around.  Off with heads onto a 15/0 circle.

32 minutes ago, Catskill John said:

Been looking at the 15 day extended forecast for OC the last week or so for tournament reasons. Started out being the worse for that time period, but now the best. It's interesting on the daily changes due to Jose's updated path. This morning it still has that time period as being great, but has 40 mph N wind on Monday 9/25 ??? I'm sure things will continue to change in the next couple of days, hopefully for the best. The AI surf report has Tue. 9/19 as the highest wave height.....

.....don't think I've ever seen an accurate report 15 days out!

Don't think anybody has seen an accurate ocean wind and wave report 5 days out, at least not out of the NWS Mount Holly Office in NJ.

And on the heels of Jose,  TD14.

Latest guidance is showing Jose staying a TS or Cat1 and staying offshore.

jose-gfs-cfan-0Z-9_14_17.jpeg.44f957274b22283cdfae3c90514455db.jpeg

Got home late last night, swell was raising a little and the tide was pretty darn strong.  Saw some folks fishing in between showers but didn't see them pull anything onto the beach. I'll be back Thursday, looks like it'll clear up quickly and after Tuesday will be nice! 

Yea, Sunday was a big miss for me, didn't land anything but I found a nice spot with a sandbar so the kids could play and not get washed out to sea.

I have never seen a hurricane make so many loops.

at201712_5day.gif.66e497e0a3620ea867193c39c62e496d.gif