Block Island - Early next week

17 minutes ago, tmcd94 said:

Yeah I'm with ya on that.  Thursday thru Saturday will work for me. Bit of rain doesn't bother me.  If you think the conditions are okay to fish in, I'm game to fish.

Mercurial ... Wednesday to Friday as of this morning.

Any society that charges it's own children for knowledge, is doomed to fail.

Whilst intelligence is not affected by geography, it is influenced by education, opportunity and drive.   

Now is the time to change our attitude towards blues, next year may well be too late (Somebody listened :th: )
Member of the Yellow Eyed Devils
May you never have to fish to live, rather live to fish.

On ‎9‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 6:15 PM, tmcd94 said:

I'm interested.  Trying to get as much fishing as possible in between gigs.  Just got back from CBBT, no reds but found a triple tail

Atlantic Triple tail? Do you have a picture, never seen one. I'm trying to get down to the CBBT area for bull reds and jumbo sheepshead.

Forecast still looking good for Wednesday to Friday.

Whilst intelligence is not affected by geography, it is influenced by education, opportunity and drive.   

Now is the time to change our attitude towards blues, next year may well be too late (Somebody listened :th: )

Will post a detailed report at some stage over the weekend, in the mean time here's a teaser, tmcd with a fat torpedo.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

My Albie stats were 1-3, both managed to spit the hook when they charged the yak during the fight.

image1.JPG

My lure of the trip, a 7" black Bomber. Both of these BSB (the Island obviously breeds them brave :th: ), blues and that magical Albie.

note to self - swopping hardware at night, without pliers, in an erratic swell is not a fun thing to do :banghd:

IMG_1371.JPG

IMG_1385.JPG

Nice job Brad, I went thru town Wednesday and could see you out there bouncing around in that swell. I give you a lot of credit for getting it done in all the fog we had that night. Did you make it to Whale rock and SE light? Had a friend with a fifty under the light last week. Good to see the Albies! Let me know if you make it back and if I can help you out in any way. Any stripes?

22 minutes ago, turkaholic said:

Nice job Brad, I went thru town Wednesday and could see you out there bouncing around in that swell. I give you a lot of credit for getting it done in all the fog we had that night. Did you make it to Whale rock and SE light? Had a friend with a fifty under the light last week. Good to see the Albies! Let me know if you make it back and if I can help you out in any way. Any stripes?

Hey Turk, many thanks for the intel. Wednesday night we went waaaay past the SE light and then came back when it got really snotty, Thurday night was just to the light and back. I'll PM you some specifics. Yes to the stripe.

Steamed BSB for dinner tonight, and those aren't even the biggest ones ;)

IMG_1432.JPG

The trip was as a success as the pictures above show. Attached are more pics! The Albies were jigged on a metal sand eel, Striper was jigged on a Hogy soft plastic eel. Sea Bass were an awesome fish to target. Also managed a fluke however he was a bit shy of a keeper. All in all trip was amazing and wouldn't think twice of going again! 

IMG_1105.JPG

IMG_1116.JPG

IMG_1125.JPG

IMG_1141.JPG

This is a shout out to Roger (Buddha) and his idiot proof recipes! This one is steamed BSB which has been the best tasting fish I have ever tasted!!!!

IMG_1465.JPG

IMG_1468.JPG

IMG_1471.JPG

IMG_1473.JPG

IMG_1475.JPG

IMG_1476.JPG

IMG_1477.JPG