Possible Cat 5 Hurricane Forming - Target East Coast

Rate this topic

fishweewee

is this Irma, NYT says possible Cat 4. could hit east coast around September 10. or could veer away :shrug:

I wouldn't sweat it. two years in Cayman taught me that they either hit or they don't. Luckily Sandy passed us right by - the highest point on Grand Cayman being 13ft.

FYI its a good time now to take trips to Barbados, Aruba & Trinidad - you have less than 2% of being hit by a hurricane down there.    

Edited by Aquacide

Disclaimer: the above may not represent the actual views of the writer, but may have been expressed sarcastically/ ironically with the sole intention of providing humour. That notwithstanding, the writer retains the right to be emotionally, psychologically or alcohol/substance impaired at the time of writing

(*member formerly known as 'guernseybass')

i'm hoping this hurricane takes mikemc out. 

The village, which had stood for maybe 1,000 years, didn't know we were coming that day. If they had, they would have run. boB was at the eye of our rage. And through him, our Captain Ahab. He would set things right again. That day, we loved him.

I heard it was actually going to be so strong that they were going to make a new cat for it - the scale will now go up to 6. This one probably gonna crack 200mph for winds. Scary ****. 

ASMFC - Destroying public resources and fisheries one stock at a time since 1942.

.....it's the end of the world as we know it.

"Law enforcement’ is not something sovereign citizens seize from police officers. It is a societal function that citizens delegate to civil police.

In so doing, we do not abdicate our own sovereignty, nor our duties as citizens. Ultimate responsibility is still ours. When those we hire as our “Protectors” are either unwilling or unable to perform that function at the critical moment, there is no law, nor standard, that says we cannot perform it for ourselves"........ John Farnam.

"Gird Your Loins"

well, you guys were worried about the beach replenishment covering up the Jetties :idea:

this should create some new structure even if it misses.

Disclaimer: the above may not represent the actual views of the writer, but may have been expressed sarcastically/ ironically with the sole intention of providing humour. That notwithstanding, the writer retains the right to be emotionally, psychologically or alcohol/substance impaired at the time of writing

(*member formerly known as 'guernseybass')