Skins in a no win situation......

Rate this topic

fishnmagician

The skins will never win with Daniel Snyder as the owner

I just wanta play everyday despite small nagging injuries --

and go home to a woman who appreciates how full of crap I truly am. ~ Crash Davis

Social Distancing since 1962

3 minutes ago, saltydawg said:

the duration of the skins suckage is approaching historic levels. Pretty amazing, actually

I wonder who will "rebuild " the longest?  The Skins or The jets, bills, Mets, Browns or Democrats?

1 minute ago, saltydawg said:

especially when they butcher their franchise QB deal. 

what deal did they butcher?

Cousins is a good QB with GREAT stats,

he wants to be paid based on his stats,

do you sign him to a contract that cripples you cap wise?

IMHO he is a good QB that is now playing behind a strong line with good receivers.

the team that the Skins have right now will be judged based on post season success,

and Cousins hasn't shown to be a Big Game QB yet.

Eggy 10-13

LAA 7-14

50-50 2-15

At this point, you pay a franchise QB and lock him down even if he isn't great. A franchise QB allows you to focus on other pieces of your team. They have now forced themselves into an expensive year with no great outcome. Again, my passion is waning by the year because you can see the dismal outcome a mile away. 

-

1 minute ago, saltydawg said:

At this point, you pay a franchise QB and lock him down even if he isn't great

I agree,

but how MUCH $$$$???

Do the Skins hamstring the team paying Cousins to be a top 5 QB?

if your QB is a stat compiler who comes up small in big games then I don't see the value in paying him like Brady or Rogers.

Eggy 10-13

LAA 7-14

50-50 2-15

Just now, fish'nmagician said:

I agree,

but how MUCH $$$$???

Do the Skins hamstring the team paying Cousins to be a top 5 QB?

if your QB is a stat compiler who comes up small in big games then I don't see the value in paying him like Brady or Rogers.

Brady is paid 35th in the league. Rodgers and Brady are in another league skin-wise, but as you saw with Stafford, the pay does not equate to the skill...it equates to the market at the time of contract renewal. This could potentially cost them 3-5 years of lost time if it blows up after this season. 

-

Just now, saltydawg said:

Brady is paid 35th in the league. 

was not aware of that...... (while I knew there have been a lot of big signings him being that low is hard to believe)

but the Patriots success could be in large part due to the fact they have money to spend on other positions.

Eggy 10-13

LAA 7-14

50-50 2-15

10 minutes ago, fish'nmagician said:

was not aware of that...... (while I knew there have been a lot of big signings him being that low is hard to believe)

but the Patriots success could be in large part due to the fact they have money to spend on other positions.

Bingo ^^^^

Trust me it pains many of us to see certain players let go, shown the door when their Price to play value ratio, leans towards price per year. Each player is like a financial stock buy low sell high.  Never, ever buy high.