medriver1999

Good launch spots for the Raritan Bay

22 posts in this topic

Welcome to the tribe John! My favorite relevant religious related quotation is this one, attributed to a Rabbi snarkily asked to give a speed version of the Torah:

Do not do unto others what you find hateful, all else is commentary.

I've been very appreciative of the generous guys here who have shared their knowledge, presumably remembering when they didn't have it. I look forward to hearing pointers from your lifetime on the water.

Okay, just my 2 cents. People that expect to have things handed to them, piss me off. Want to find launch sites? Get in your car and do some legwork. Use google maps. Show a little initiative. But don't come on here and say "gimme".

I've seen way too many spots go down the **** because everybody was open about them. 45 kayakers crowded into one area is WAY too many -  crossing lines, casting over each other, its a freaking mess.

I mean, if there really are no secrets, then why are you asking? 

BTW John, a fair amount of detailed info gets passed by p.m. here. You need to get a certain number of posts on the site, I think 15, before you qualify for p.m. So get kibbitzing!

There are tons of launch spots. If you want to fish Perth Amboy theres a launch  there. If you want to fish Laurence harbor there's a launch spot there. if you want to fish on the moon, there's a launch pad at cape Canaveral. They're everywhere. Use google maps for your targeted area and zoom in the coast lines.

Here on the S.I. side it's pretty much wide open you can find an open path to the beach roll it on in. If you need specific locals p.m. me ...asking is how you learn but you also must play by the rules

It's been a few years but feel free to email me dmbjr@optonline.net. I'll be glad to help you out know every spot on that bay for kayaks on NJ or SI side

Dennis

On 4/13/2018 at 4:07 PM, gellfex said:

Welcome to the tribe John! My favorite relevant religious related quotation is this one, attributed to a Rabbi snarkily asked to give a speed version of the Torah:

Do not do unto others what you find hateful, all else is commentary.

I've been very appreciative of the generous guys here who have shared their knowledge, presumably remembering when they didn't have it. I look forward to hearing pointers from your lifetime on the water.

Well done ... I am taking notes on this approach.