medriver1999

Good launch spots for the Raritan Bay

35 posts in this topic

I am looking for some good launch spots for the Raritan Bay , I have been to Cliffwood Beach only. That was a pretty long walk to the water.

Any suggestions ... Jersey or Staten Island side is fine.Trying to go out this Friday ( tomorrow).

Thanks

Mike

Posted (edited)

Welcome. Sadly, telling launch spots is somewhat frowned on here, like spotburning. *

Edited by TimS
Please don't post links to commercial sites here - even if you space out the words - thanks.

Thanks for the info.

Its a shame, its a big bay to be thinking that someone will catch all the fish if you tell them a good launch spot.

Not directed at anybody but

Forums are for sharing information.

Mike

Sorry TimS, I didn't think posting such a valuable resource for our community as an online and phone app interactive map of kayak launch sites would be an infraction even if it were hosted on a commercial site. I recall I had linked it before with no issues. 

8 minutes ago, medriver99 said:

Thanks for the info.

Its a shame, its a big bay to be thinking that someone will catch all the fish if you tell them a good launch spot.

Mike

Hey Mike,

its certainly not about not wanting to share at all, it's just that we generally don't **** on first dates ;)  Join the guys when they go out, get to know a few, contribute to the forum, then you'll find a lot more info forthcoming. The majority of the launch sites have parking for less than 10 cars. G'Luk.

16 hours ago, medriver99 said:

Thanks for the info.

Mike

I'm with you, Mike. I am relatively new here, and I've been learning quite a bit through all the excellent posts. But I don't get this reluctance to share info about launch sites. If someone links a site to a bite that is going on at a particular point in time ... yeh, I get that. But a public launch site is just that ... public. Even if it's just 3 parking spots. First come, first serve. The idea that not sharing this information will keep the launch sites secret is silly IMO.

That said, if those be the rules here, I'll play along ... I'm the guest. I just bring this up in the spirit of health debate.

Posted (edited)

Wait till people start catching bass  again. Then you will see how crazy the forum gets about launch sites. Launch sites are a strange thing in New Jersey.

We spend millions in tax dollars restoring beach front property's for the rich and famous and yet we are denied simple access to the ocean from Island Beach State park and many other places with our kayaks.  Remember google is your best friend. You can find out almost anything there. Or like other people said do a search on this site. 

Do a google search on Jersey Shore Sea Kayak Association. They list launch sites on their site. I would post the link but that is not permitted. 

Edited by dbjpb

21 hours ago, Africaster said:

Hey Mike,

its certainly not about not wanting to share at all, it's just that we generally don't **** on first dates ;)  Join the guys when they go out, get to know a few, contribute to the forum, then you'll find a lot more info forthcoming. The majority of the launch sites have parking for less than 10 cars. G'Luk.

Brad, you never gave it up on our first date, oh maybe I'm on the wrong thread!:beatin:

Posted (edited)

Launch off Jersey Side near Sandy Hook. one of the fields. Another spot is directly between the head of the bay/rive and sandy hook. There's plenty of bass to be caught. As for SI side, anywhere in the morning is fine. Guards cant kick you out if they are sleeping IE: Great Kills. It's funny when people thinking telling kayak spots is spot burning. Might as well not tell people what you had for breakfast or the Coco Puff factory might be bought out.

Edited by hoakge12000

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, hoakge12000 said:

It's funny when people thinking telling kayak spots is spot burning. 

It's mostly about lack of parking, not fish.

Edited by CharlieB

I don't know the areas where you go to, but here in NY the parking fields are only 20% full at most 50% with cars. I never hesitate to find parking here. Don't know about NJ

I’ve only been fishing raritan bay for the last 50 years. I’ve owned either 21 or 23 boats.I know every inch of that bay, and every foot of the land on the jersey side from carteret to sandy hook. I always share information and in courage beginners. No secrets. I just purchased my first fishing kayak and came to this site to see what it was all about. Like the one fella said it’s a big bay. If it hasn’t been fished out since the beginning of creation I doubt if telling someone where to launch their kayak would hurt. For anyone who doesn’t know,you could walk into any bait shop and they would be glad to help you. Not only in fishing but in life its self I find the people that think they’re smart usually aren’t.Every fool you ever met in your life thought he was smarter than you. They don’t call it the golden rule for no reason. I was wanting to donate to the club just to help the club out. With that mentality I think I will just stay to myself. If I should ever run into anyone on the bay, I’m a big guy my name is John. Ask and I will do all that I can to help you. Be a giver not a taker. The good lord will give back to you.

Not  my intention to offend anyone.

Have a blessed day

John

57 mins ago, John Spond said:

Be a giver not a taker. The good Lord will give back to you.

Not  my intention to offend anyone.

Have a blessed day

John

Thank you for the wide words to live by...

and fixed it for ya...