Springfield M1A

Rate this topic

fille9

Please tell me why this rifle is illegal in NY.  Is it the magazine?It comes with a 10 round magazine.  No pistol grip.  No bayonet lug and no flash supresor.  What is left??

What is a good fill for a shooting bag?

Edited by fille9

Further research shows that  No rifle can have a threaded barrel. Threaded barrel is for installing a break or a flash suppressor. Both these items are illegal in NY. Even if you take off the break or suppressor, the barrel is threaded.  I wonder how many people were killed by break or a suppressor?  How many were killed by a bayonet?  By the way, some companies sell this M1A without a threaded barrel.  NY compliant..

Edited by fille9

On 8/9/2017 at 1:01 PM, fille9 said:

Further research shows that  No rifle can have a threaded barrel. Threaded barrel is for installing a break or a flash suppressor. Both these items are illegal in NY. Even if you take off the break or suppressor, the barrel is threaded.  I wonder how many people were killed by break or a suppressor?  How many were killed by a bayonet?  By the way, some companies sell this M1A without a threaded barrel.  NY compliant..

Connecticut had the issue with the threaded barrels. The work-around is having the muzzle device drilled and pinned in place. Not sure if that works in NYS. 

Also, in CT, even before SH, there was a prohibition on "flash hiders" and we had to use muzzle brakes. My pinned muzzle brakes happened to be hosts for some of Surefire's toys. ;-)

“No nation in history has survived once its borders were destroyed, once its citizenship was rendered no different from mere residence, and once its neighbors with impunity undermined its sovereignty.”

- Victor Davis Hanson 

On 8/7/2017 at 5:08 PM, Kings over Queens said:

I havent checked ny law but i could swear they were legal upstate.

Definate no go in NJ.  We had to sell my fathers.  He didnt realize and never registered the damn thing in 94 when florio banned them.  Thank god nothing happened between then and now.  He would have been jammed up but good.

Unless he decided to fight his way out of it. Then he would have had the rifle for the job at hand.