Firinne

2017 Philadelphia Eagles

248 posts in this topic

23 hours ago, Firinne said:

I'm a little worried about the corners. 

I actually like the way they went about this: rather than getting corners, they improved the defensive line. The way that Jim Schwartz schemes defense, the defensive lineman must get to the quarterback. If they can't, you could have Everson Walls back there (remember him? :D) and it wouldn't make a difference. 

And if the kid they drafted in the second round can come all the way back next year, the defense could be really good. I hate to admit it, but I like what Joe Douglas and that weenie Howie Roseman are doing. 

From Scoutdotcom

CB Kyle Fuller

Remaining Contract: 1 Year/$3.082M ($3.082M guaranteed)
Potential Savings: Cut- No savings/ Trade- $1.74M

The former 14th overall pick in the 2014 draft has simply not lived up to expectations after an impressive start in the first half of his rookie year.

Now in his fourth season, Fuller will have an uphill battle to make the final roster. Keep in mind, the team has already declined his fifth-year option, which shows their lack of faith in him as a future contributor.

What are you gonna be looking at tonight vs. the Packers? Obviously want to see the new wideouts, Jeffery and Smith for a few series. Reportedly Nelson Agholor is having a great camp but I don't expect much out of him. 4th round pick RB Donnell Pumphrey will see a lot of time tonight, suppose to be pretty explosive in open field.

What I'm most interested in is the defense, rookie defensive end Derek Barnett should be fun to watch. Biggest question in my mind is at linebacker and corner backs. 

What I'll be looking for first is that no one gets hurt.  

Wentz should do one possession and out.  At the most one quarter.  he's got multiple weapons now, let's see how he uses them.

I want to see what both lines do.  That is where the games will be won or lost.

I'd like to see many reps from Corey Clement, a former Wisconsin Badger running back.  If he's not on the roster this year, I hope they can hide him on the practice squad.  He had a great year last year, but was injured in junior year - a surgically repaired sports hernia. (Can you tell I'm a Badger alum?)

I want to see what Barnett looks like at pro speed against that Packer O-line.

And no one getting hurt.

I also think that it's past due time for Nelson Agholor to hear that *POP* that signifies the end of his chronic cranio-rectal impactus.

We're gonna see a lot of Scranton native, Penn State alum Matt McGloin tonight because Nick Foles has an elbow injury. I wonder what would happen if McGloin got hurt early.  I'm not sure who the emergency QB is.

Probly wont even take a snap, but Id like to see Blount

knock someone on their azz and pick up a 3rd n 1.

I think Smith on the outside is the guy who's going to have

the big season. Wentz really needs to be "The guy".

Lotsa could go either way players on this roster.

Lookin forward to this season.

Poor Nelson with the 2 point drop. That touchdown by Mack Collins #10 was a thing of beauty...........2 straight arms to get in.

Wentz looked slippery in the pocket, rookie WR scores a nice TD, first round pick gets 2 sacks in the first half, and nobody important gets hurt.  All in all not bad for a week 1 preseason game.  

I'm still pulling for Agholor this year, but seems like whenever they make an effort to get him involved he comes up small.  

On a side note, the NFL can kiss my arse.  I'm an hour south of the Linc, but in the Ravens market, so no game on TV.  Preseason isn't on the Sunday Ticket.  Sign up for the free trial of gamepass, but they have the eagle blacked out cause they think it's a local game due to my IP address.  I got around it with a vpn, but why does the NFL make it so flipping hard to watch a flipping crappy preseason game?  I have a lower level SBL, so I've been paying a small fortune for the 10 home games over the past 10+ years.  Yet I gotta jump thru hoops to watch Mike McGloin throw interceptions on a Thursday in August.  Stupid NFL.  (just kidding nfl.... i love you).   

Fishfood.........can you get the CSN app or the NBC football app to stream live?

Eagles just traded WR Jordan Matthews to the Bills for a CB....trying to find the story