Mike Fixter plugs

Rate this topic

Oxford Chris

Dear All,

Feels like I might be loosing  the plot here . . . 

Please provide picture of milk carton moocks , I'm guessing she's the hottie with the big. . . .you know.

Chris.

Calling fishing a hobby is like calling brain surgery a job.

See now you have 10 post!

The Hat Fling is a get together we have every year to talk fishing, techniques and to see setups other people have.  Good food , some nice giveaways.  When you eventually do come here, the guys that said will hook up with you, they know those guys and can prob give you a grand tour including some of the peoples lures you are seeking. 

13 hours ago, Oxford Chris said:

Gentlemen,

For a start what's a ' hat fling ' ? I really can't believe it's what it sounds like ( thought one had to win something before you did that )

Cat skinning, now that I do know something about. Here in Blighty we use a board, a six inch nail and two pairs of pliers.

Yes Winch we do actually still say ' Bloody Hell ' I think you chaps have moved on and now say ' Awesome ' or ' Cool ' or something.

Fish and chips . . . . . what can I say, most of us mere mortals can barely afford such luxury food these days.

Real English beer . .. what here in the colonies . . . whatever is the world coming to .

Tootle Pip for now Old Boy.

My mom was from Stoke on Trent. Met my dad during the war.  I spent time over there and the family has come here on visits.  

I just Knew you must have some GB connection Winch, most Americans wouldn't have heard the expression ' Bloody Hell '

Possibly ex servicemen who were posted over here, but not many others.

Very sorry to be missing the ' fling ' sounds like a hoot.

I really would like to meet you all and put faces to those names.

Sounds like true west coast Striper anglers are a bit of a dying breed / few and far between.

Do you think you could manage a sort of ' mini Hat Fling II ' / BBQ when I'm over ?

You could call it a ' hat stomp ', end of season thingy. I would be happy to chip in for the beers. 

Calling fishing a hobby is like calling brain surgery a job.