New Fuji Guide

Rate this topic

Anyone know when the new K guides will be out. Fuji has another option in the K guides, The frame is stainless with corrosion control but they also are coming out with a new ring called Fazlite. The frames will be available with alconite but also with this new ring which is between aluminum oxide and alconite. The performance is supposed to be just shy of the alconite, Hopefuilly the price just north of the aluminum oxide, very interested in this if anyone has more info.

Edited by scoobydoo

Yes. Just back from ICAST in Orlando. The CC (Corrosion Control) finish in salt spray tank testing has proven to be 7 times more corrosion resistant than untreated stainless guides. It's going to be available in a matte silver finish called CC and a dark grey finish called BC. It will also be available in a new "Gunmetal" finish with new SLIM SiC rings (dark Grey with a semi-gloss finish). The Slim SiC is slimmer than the original SiC but not a slim as TORZITE®.

In addition, they have introduced the new FazLite™ Ring which falls between Alum Ox and ALCONITE® on the spec chart. If you're an ALCONITE® fan...stick with it, you can get CC in ALCONITE® at the same price you buy it for now with the CC treatment. (Mike, we think of it as improved Hardloy® - whooooohooo!) Perhaps most exciting is that all these changes are occurring across the entire K-Series line with the exception of the RV and LRV.

We are stocking the CC now and will be shipping soon, still waiting on the BC. I immediately became crazy for the matte finish BC on an unfinished blank - it's the ultimate "stealth" look.

Of course, if you want to go one step further Fuji also introduced Black Titanium (T2) in Slim SiC®...it's darker than BC but not jet black and has a matte/satin look finish...up to a size 40 if you're feeling frisky.

Pretty exciting stuff if the reaction of the factories is any indication. Fazlite™ is nice but our feeling is that ALCONITE with CC will be the ultimate choice for custom builders while FazLite™ will offer factories a way to add K-Series guides to rods and still be competitive in the consumer market.

Corrosion Control is a non-polluting process and is not a finish but a treatment that becomes part of the metal's surface...for maximum benefit DO NOT grind the feet of these guides.

Fazlite-for-web-forum.jpg

I am affiliated with Anglers Resource.

CAn't  wait for somoene to ask if the new rings are blue

"the internet is the greatest platform for people who don't know anything, to tell people how much they don't know, to people who don't know anything and believe everything they read."
-Billy 40:16

Sounds like very cool stuff. Still have people that look hardloy, now aluminum Oxide guides even on a custom rod so this is good. Agree that the Alconite K is the best bang for the buck but some just dont see it that way. The CC upgrade for the same price is pretty cool. Looking forward to seeing the matte finished frames they sound cool. I know just the matte finish surf blank I want to put the BC alconites on. Will these be CCKWAG and BCKWAG etc ?

6 hours ago, Croaker JO said:

Yes Mike, CCKWAG and BCKWAG.

CCKWFG for FazLite™, a very dark blue color...:howdy:

Only Fuji would come up with a naming system that looks like COCKFAG

"the internet is the greatest platform for people who don't know anything, to tell people how much they don't know, to people who don't know anything and believe everything they read."

• 4 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Mike Oliver said:

Mike so if I understood you right. You have guys who elect for aluminium oxide on the basis of price for a custom rod.

Forgive me if I can't figure that out.

Mike

I ut AO's on a lot of the rods I build. Once you stop acting like a car salesman and telling your customers BS that certain/most rods will perform the sasme regardless of teh ring material, they tend to make more economical chioces.

For years people were lied to abotu SIC guides and their benefits, by rodbuilders looking to jack up the price of teh rod and put mroe money in their pockets.

Billy not so dissimilar to the claims made for increased casting distance related to guide set ups as well as materials.

Personaly my approach has always been to offer the lowest cost  component that meets the product requirement.  With  heavy surf rods that is often aluminium oxide. Down side to these guides is that mostly they are  mounted in frames that will corrode. 

My comment was based around the overall philosophy of customisation of a rod.

Mike

do these new guide rings come in blue? 

The village, which had stood for maybe 1,000 years, didn't know we were coming that day. If they had, they would have run. boB was at the eye of our rage. And through him, our Captain Ahab. He would set things right again. That day, we loved him.

7 hours ago, Mike Oliver said:

Billy not so dissimilar to the claims made for increased casting distance related to guide set ups as well as materials.

Personaly my approach has always been to offer the lowest cost  component that meets the product requirement.  With  heavy surf rods that is often aluminium oxide. Down side to these guides is that mostly they are  mounted in frames that will corrode. 

My comment was based around the overall philosophy of customisation of a rod.

Mike

yes, same goes for glass rods

I would be happy to have those if there are some that are not flimsy way to much, as they tend to be

maybe some graphite added

but they f it up with cheap corrosive flimsy guides and reel holders..

Edited by glos