albacized

Question - who is Charlie Gard

49 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, straps57 said:

There is no treatment and there is no cure.  Even the so called treatment offered in the US, the parents now accept as being false hope.  The doctor offering the treatment never even reviewed Charlies case.  Based off the results of all his tests Charlie was going to die.  Accept it. 

Says the guy who's kid it ISNT!!! 

Tool bag is fitting with this statement. Why not TRY? 

Hey guy's, I'm mainly interested in stripers online because it's a great lure builders resource ,with as helpful and friendly a bunch of guy's you could meet. However as a bye the bye I have a bit of interest in politics. Realising this is a USA site I never post here, though I have followed this forum closely since before and after your election to see a cross section of view's and found it very interesting ,entertaining and educational. Nobody can expect you guy's to have an encyclopedic knowledge when discussing a subject from another country far away, hence I keep my trap shut and just enjoy the education. Like I say I don't and wont post here- BUT- I can't let this go bye   - please do some research about this sensitive case and our N.H.S ,some of the posters here obviously have ,but others have absolutely no idea what they're talking about and should keep their stupid fat uneducated mouths shut !   I thank you......

1 hour ago, glider said:

Hey guy's, I'm mainly interested in stripers online because it's a great lure builders resource ,with as helpful and friendly a bunch of guy's you could meet. However as a bye the bye I have a bit of interest in politics. Realising this is a USA site I never post here, though I have followed this forum closely since before and after your election to see a cross section of view's and found it very interesting ,entertaining and educational. Nobody can expect you guy's to have an encyclopedic knowledge when discussing a subject from another country far away, hence I keep my trap shut and just enjoy the education. Like I say I don't and wont post here- BUT- I can't let this go bye   - please do some research about this sensitive case and our N.H.S ,some of the posters here obviously have ,but others have absolutely no idea what they're talking about and should keep their stupid fat uneducated mouths shut !   I thank you......

Glider, thanks for chiming in and it is always informative  to get people who really do know the system, as opposed to what we know of it from far away.  Similarly, my Mother lives in Germany so I do enjoy hearing directly how an 80 year old woman is afraid to leave her government run apartment due to "Asylum Seekers" as they are known, as opposed to what we are fed from CNN and such.

So, please give us more detail about the NHS.  Is it good, bad, sucks, death panels, etc.  And, should little Charlie's parents have any say in whether he can go home, or go to the US for help, or to the Vatican hospital?  Thanks in advance.

Fair enough maine guide - owe you an answer but try to be brief. Understandably if you were to look for snippets of info from British press and looked at what you might presume to be trusted sources ,often you could easily be looking at what we call tabloids (made up or sensationalised boolsheet) red tops in U.S ? Regarding the N.h.s , like everything it can be improved ,I have a wide range of friends and family from all walks of life, dirt poor - very wealthy, idiots -doctors etc. . Like everywhere its a constant discussion here, I can tell you hand on heart I am struggling to think of more than maybe 3 people I have ever known who thinks the N.H.S should be replaced with anything. Obviously you can pay for private care at private hospitals should you wish, but should the worst happen ,for instance your businesses goes bust or you lose your job and your family has a tragedy or like you say your parents live here and suffer some unforseen medical emergency - you will receive the treatment you or they need no matter what . I also have close family who work in N.H.S and in a rough area who has to deal with the rough side of it but would bristle at the thought of replacing it. I understand and appreciate it's a completely different political landscape in USA but take my word for it, the N.H.S is a fantastic service with fantastic dedicated people top to bottom . Did i say I'll keep it brief ? N.H.S is particularly renowned for pediatric care with probably some of the finest minds possible. This had nothing to do with money, though I dare say you , I or anyone else would gi e everything they had if it offered hope. So the tabloids turn it into a sensational story to sell papers, maybe this special expert In America can fix it ? mabe the pope? Mabe donald fkn trump. Its a tragedy made into a sensation to sell news for a few days. This countries top experts know nothing can be done but who wouldn't try ? Hopefully the couple will be allowed some peace now. As for se germans ? I aint goin there !

Albacised- you can rest assured no matter what, a child here will receive the very best of care regardless of any circumstances whatsoever, these people are dedicated and many could earn far more if they wished ! (P.s if your daughter happens to be up here in scotland she's assured of a good education also ! ) Dena thanks for the compliments, yes those are cedar pike lures so have to be pretty tough so more in common with your saltwater lures than say freshwater bass lures. We have saltwater bass like miniature stripers ? But they don't run big. Thanks for asking...glider

10 hours ago, Maine Guide said:

Thanks Dr. Straps57.

Spoken like a true Librull.  We have tons of children here in the US in worse shape that continue on, being loved by their parents.

Regardless of your professional medical opinion, how do you feel about the Government not letting the parents have any say, or not being able to take the child home with them?

I may not be a Dr. but I am in the medical field.  I have performed CPR and saved lives.  I have had to perform CPR on extremely elderly patients with every organ in complete failure with machines keeping them in existence because the families were unable to accept the fact that everyone dies.  I also have removed life prolonging treatments and been lucky enough to keep people comfortable until they take their last breath.  I have listened for heart beats on deceased patients and pronounced their deaths.  I have a 5 month old daughter. I don't take death lightly. It's not my medical opinion, it's the opinion of every doctor that has reviewed his case including the one that offered the treatment.  For Charlie there is no cure and no treatment.  We do not have "tons of children" that are in worse shape than him that "continue on"  Charlie has a terminal illness which means he is going to die.  He isn't just brain dead from a swimming accident where the body can continue to live on.  His organs are failing.  He is dying.   I believe the family should be allowed to take the child home to die but it isn't as simple as strapping him in a car seat.  It is beyond sad and I hope his parents can find peace after his death.  Funny how you try to insult me when you are clearly completely uneducated on the subject that you post on.

10 hours ago, straps57 said:

I may not be a Dr. but I am in the medical field.  I have performed CPR and saved lives.  I have had to perform CPR on extremely elderly patients with every organ in complete failure with machines keeping them in existence because the families were unable to accept the fact that everyone dies.  I also have removed life prolonging treatments and been lucky enough to keep people comfortable until they take their last breath.  I have listened for heart beats on deceased patients and pronounced their deaths.  I have a 5 month old daughter. I don't take death lightly. It's not my medical opinion, it's the opinion of every doctor that has reviewed his case including the one that offered the treatment.  For Charlie there is no cure and no treatment.  We do not have "tons of children" that are in worse shape than him that "continue on"  Charlie has a terminal illness which means he is going to die.  He isn't just brain dead from a swimming accident where the body can continue to live on.  His organs are failing.  He is dying.   I believe the family should be allowed to take the child home to die but it isn't as simple as strapping him in a car seat.  It is beyond sad and I hope his parents can find peace after his death.  Funny how you try to insult me when you are clearly completely uneducated on the subject that you post on.

And how do you know I am "completely uneducated" on the subject?  As for your medical opinion, you only know what you read.  You have not personally examined Charlie but are taking the word of "experts" in the media.  Similar to the same experts that knew Russia colluded with Trump.

The issue at hand is that a Government Bureaucracy has forbidden these parents from seeking other options, of which there were several early on.  And each day they wasted in court, the options grew dimmer.  Can you imagine being the parent of that child?  And that is why people come to America for our wonderful healthcare system.  Yet, the Libruls have no issue destroying it in the name of bigger government.  The same way they have no issue with late term abortions, or throwing babies like Charlie into dumpsters.  Let's hope America never comes to that.

14 hours ago, glider said:

Fair enough maine guide - owe you an answer but try to be brief. Understandably if you were to look for snippets of info from British press and looked at what you might presume to be trusted sources ,often you could easily be looking at what we call tabloids (made up or sensationalised boolsheet) red tops in U.S ? Regarding the N.h.s , like everything it can be improved ,I have a wide range of friends and family from all walks of life, dirt poor - very wealthy, idiots -doctors etc. . Like everywhere its a constant discussion here, I can tell you hand on heart I am struggling to think of more than maybe 3 people I have ever known who thinks the N.H.S should be replaced with anything. Obviously you can pay for private care at private hospitals should you wish, but should the worst happen ,for instance your businesses goes bust or you lose your job and your family has a tragedy or like you say your parents live here and suffer some unforseen medical emergency - you will receive the treatment you or they need no matter what . I also have close family who work in N.H.S and in a rough area who has to deal with the rough side of it but would bristle at the thought of replacing it. I understand and appreciate it's a completely different political landscape in USA but take my word for it, the N.H.S is a fantastic service with fantastic dedicated people top to bottom . Did i say I'll keep it brief ? N.H.S is particularly renowned for pediatric care with probably some of the finest minds possible. This had nothing to do with money, though I dare say you , I or anyone else would gi e everything they had if it offered hope. So the tabloids turn it into a sensational story to sell papers, maybe this special expert In America can fix it ? mabe the pope? Mabe donald fkn trump. Its a tragedy made into a sensation to sell news for a few days. This countries top experts know nothing can be done but who wouldn't try ? Hopefully the couple will be allowed some peace now. As for se germans ? I aint goin there !

Glider, thanks for taking the time to give us a first-hand synopsis of the system.

50 minutes ago, glider said:

Thanks m.g and I'll but out at that ,........glider

No need to.  Stick around.  It's nice to get more local knowledge.  That's how we all learn.

Perhaps you can start another thread and give us some first hand experience about Brexit and what it may mean.  Or how you felt about Scotland's vote to leave the UK.

For the record- the US doctor in question also had a financial interest in the treatment. Kinda like the MD who claimed vaccines cause autism. He was getting paid by plaintiff attorneys to find "victims"