capefish4231

WTS: VS300 and TFO GIS SCS 1065-2 Rod

33 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Selling my low serial number US built VS300. This reel is in near perfect condition with one small nick on the lower corner. It has been fished twice as far as I know, for under an hour. It has 40 lb. green PowerPro over dacron backing. The line is newish and in good shape. The reel has never been serviced, so take that for what it's worth if it matters to you. I have the original owner's handbook and blank warranty service forms but no box or bag. I will include a neoprene Shimano reel cover. $575 shipped for the reel.

Also selling a Temple Fork GIS SCS 1065-2 rod. This is the Gary Loomis signature series blue rod. 10' 6", two-piece, mag heavy action (medium heavy I guess, I never liked how the use the mag heavy term). In great shape. Has one small scratch on the blank down low, purely cosmetic, and some wear on one section of the grip from the rod holder on my bicycle. $225 for the rod shipped, $200 if local pickup in the Cape Cod /  central MA area due to the cumbersome nature of shipping a two piece rod.

Or $750 for both, local pickup. $775 shipped.

Edited by capefish4231

Sorry for some reason I just saw this. The rod has TFO's lifetime guarantee wherein i believe they will repair or replace it at their discretion for a flat fee. I did it with my TFO fly rod when I snapped the tip and it was $50 for replacement with a three-day turnaround.