Recruitkim

NYC Fishing

117 posts in this topic

Had some epic nights across the bay in Jersey this month, but I haven't had anything in NYC yet. Looking for my first nyc fish.

Minnow plugs yo zuri, bomber, sp's were all winners some did produce more than others.

Edited by Sheisty

Had a good day on Sunday a little further upriver in the flats. Chartreuse 4” gulp shads and chartreuse over white clousers were the ticket. 

On 4/19/2018 at 7:33 AM, i07nyc said:

It was definitely bunker. They were only going after fresh bloodworms.  I wish I'd taken a pic. 

Nice meeting you today man :th:

just got back from another 7-9pm. skunk on bunker chunks.

I am having quite an issue getting stuck on bottom. I have used 4-5oz weights and within either 10 seconds of a cast, or 5 minutes, I am losing a rig. What can be done to lessen the loss of tackle? Also tried to use bucktails and jigs but the current was too fast for a logical retrieve. 

I look forward to any tips you all may have! tight lines.

3 hours ago, i07nyc said:

Shoulda stayed a little longer. The bite turned on at the tide change.

Damn. I had to go to class, my buddy could've stayed though. Glad to hear you got into em

14 hours ago, imdannoir said:

I am having quite an issue getting stuck on bottom. I have used 4-5oz weights and within either 10 seconds of a cast, or 5 minutes, I am losing a rig. What can be done to lessen the loss of tackle? Also tried to use bucktails and jigs but the current was too fast for a logical retrieve. 

Heavier sinker weight, type of sinker, different rigging style.  If all else failed, MOVE. You have found a tackle black hole. 

25 mins ago, hobobob said:

Heavier sinker weight, type of sinker, different rigging style.  If all else failed, MOVE. You have found a tackle black hole. 

Thanks. I've been using a fishfinder rig. Any others you'd recommend? Will try this spot through the week and scope out new locations over the weekend.

What type of sinker are you using? Ever tried 3 sided pyramid or storm sinker?  Up the weight?  Try a very short leader about 4 inches to the sinker and tie your line and leader on the sinker.  This stationary rig drift the least. 

18 hours ago, imdannoir said:

I fish alot of areas with sticky bottom,what i dont do in those spots is drag my rig/bait,just cast and leave it there,when its time for a bait change,point your rod to the sky and reel as fast as you can,works well for me,